Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6033
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-bac ... 51771.html
The president of Fox News said on Wednesday that the cable news network is joining more than a dozen other media outlets in supporting rival CNN in its lawsuit against President Trump over the White House’s decision to revoke access for correspondent Jim Acosta.

“Fox News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential,” Fox News President Jay Wallace said in a statement. “Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized. While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the President and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people.”

In its complaint, filed in U.S. District Court on Tuesday, CNN argued that the revocation of Acosta’s access was “the culmination of years of hostility by President Trump against CNN and Acosta” based on the media outlet’s reporting and “an unabashed attempt to censor the press and exclude reporters from the White House who challenge and dispute the President’s point of view.”
In response, the Justice Department argued in a court filing that Trump has “broad discretion to regulate access to the White House for journalists.”

Wallace said Fox News intended to file a formal brief in support of CNN with the court ahead of an afternoon hearing.

During a press conference at White House last week, Trump berated Acosta when he challenged the president’s assertion that a caravan of Central American migrants making its way on foot through Mexico to the U.S. border represented an “invasion.”

Acosta tried to ask a follow-up question as a White House intern tried to grab his microphone but was told by Trump, “That’s enough.”
“CNN should be ashamed of itself having you working for them,” Trump added. “You are are a rude, terrible person.”

The White House later released a statement saying it was suspending Acosta’s hard pass, which provides expedited access to the White House grounds.

“President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his administration,” press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement. “We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern. This conduct is absolutely unacceptable.”

Sanders then shared a doctored video that she claimed “clearly documented” the incident. But the deceptively edited video, first posted by a YouTube user known for his conspiratorial videos, was sped up to make Acosta appear aggressive.

Speaking to reporters on Friday morning, Trump himself suggested the move had less to do with Acosta’s contact with the intern and more to do with the volume of his voice.

“He’s got a loud voice,” Trump said, adding, “You have to treat the White House of the office of the president with great respect.”

Star Fox anchor Sean Hannity isn’t on board with his network president either, denouncing Acosta last week as a “far-left, grandstanding, sycophant left-winger.”

But to CNN’s White House press corps, the issue is bigger than Acosta.

“We can’t have a president acting like dictators do all over the world — to silence reporters that they don’t like or reporters who say things or dig too deeply or expose the president too much,” Ted Olson, the attorney representing CNN in its lawsuit, said Tuesday. “The president wants to silence people like that. He cannot do that under the First Amendment.”

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9383
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm

CNN has representation at the White House. It is just that prima donna Acosta who is not allowed. I know you are all butthurt over it as Jim is your favorite source of fake news.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6033
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:55 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm
CNN has representation at the White House. It is just that prima donna Acosta who is not allowed. I know you are all butthurt over it as Jim is your favorite source of fake news.
Fox news disagrees with your assessment.

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Posts: 8169
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by pdq67 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:58 pm

Then just how, "credible", is Fox News compared to the rest of them?

Maybe they should stay out of this Acosta mess??

Fox might not win in the end is all.

pdq67

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9383
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:28 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:55 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm
CNN has representation at the White House. It is just that prima donna Acosta who is not allowed. I know you are all butthurt over it as Jim is your favorite source of fake news.
Fox news disagrees with your assessment.
I could give a rats ass on what Fox thinks of the CNN lawsuit.

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4575
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by Ken0069 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Faux news was bought out by Disney so you should expect it to be headed down the shitter from here on out!
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9383
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Fox has definitely taken a turn towards the left lately. Too bad.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5374
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by mk e » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:54 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 pm
Fox has definitely taken a turn towards the left lately. Too bad.
Perhaps they see the writing on the wall?????
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4199
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 am

Ken0069 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:57 pm
Faux news was bought out by Disney so you should expect it to be headed down the shitter from here on out!
Shut your spit faucet, you talk out of both sides of your stupid mouth you f MORON.
mo·ron
/ˈmôrˌän/Submit
nounINFORMAL
a stupid person.
synonyms: fool, idiot, ass, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod;

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4199
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:36 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 pm
Fox has definitely taken a turn towards the left lately. Too bad.
Reality is hard to ignore. Now shit out the f MORON Hannity flush his stupid azz, maybe he can work at infowars where he belongs.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4269
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by j-c-c » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:37 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 pm
Fox has definitely taken a turn towards the left lately. Too bad.
They never had any integrity in the first place, I'd rather they remain the dog whistle for the gullible, kinda like a laser for a cat, at least it keeps them occupied, and intellectually inbred.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2729
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by gmrocket » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:43 pm

mk e wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:54 am
1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 pm
Fox has definitely taken a turn towards the left lately. Too bad.
Perhaps they see the writing on the wall?????
Then build the wall!!!!

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2729
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by gmrocket » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:36 am
1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 pm
Fox has definitely taken a turn towards the left lately. Too bad.
Reality is hard to ignore. Now shit out the f MORON Hannity flush his stupid azz, maybe he can work at infowars where he belongs.
Ya, ya ya,,,ya..we don't need no stinking diversity of opinion!! De platform all of them, shut them down NOW!!!!

We only need to rid 1 or 2 of the 50+ Whitehouse correspondents and we will have 100%!!

Koolaid lines forms to the left sir

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5374
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by mk e » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:06 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:43 pm
mk e wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:54 am

Perhaps they see the writing on the wall?????
Then build the wall!!!!
Walls are done, working on the drywall
Attachments
20181112_210330-resized-1024.jpg
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4199
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fox News backs CNN in lawsuit against Trump, wants Acosta's access reinstated

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:56 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:49 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:36 am
1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 pm
Fox has definitely taken a turn towards the left lately. Too bad.
Reality is hard to ignore. Now shit out the f MORON Hannity flush his stupid azz, maybe he can work at infowars where he belongs.
Ya, ya ya,,,ya..we don't need no stinking diversity of opinion!! De platform all of them, shut them down NOW!!!!

We only need to rid 1 or 2 of the 50+ Whitehouse correspondents and we will have 100%!!

Koolaid lines forms to the left sir
All of them conspiring aganist the truth except foux.

Post Reply