Error in major climate study revealed – warming NOT higher than expected

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Error in major climate study revealed – warming NOT higher than expected

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:30 pm

"A major new climate study in the journal Nature got worldwide media coverage for finding that the oceans warmed dramatically faster than previously thought — but now the researchers have retracted that conclusion after a man in the United Kingdom blogged about flaws he discovered in the paper.

Just two weeks after publication, the study authors have revised their paper, and now conclude that the oceans are warming fast -- but at the same rate as other measurements have found.

A study co-author took responsibility for the error.
“I accept responsibility for these oversights because it was my role to ensure that details of the measurements were correctly understood and taken up by coauthors,” study co-author Ralph Keeling wrote in an explanation of the revision.

The error was first discovered by Nic Lewis, a retired British man who holds a bachelors degree in math from the University of Cambridge and who reads science papers for fun. He has also written a couple of published papers of his own on climate science.

“I've always liked to understand the world and to check whether people's research makes sense to me. Once I find something that seems wrong to me, I like to get to the bottom of it,” Lewis told Fox News.
Lewis said the incident should serve as a cautionary tale."

https://www.foxnews.com/science/error-i ... n-expected

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: Error in major climate study revealed – warming NOT higher than expected

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:06 pm

Coming from the guy who predicted a MAJOR La Nina.... :lol: :lol: :^o :^o

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:16 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:30 pm
"A major new climate study in the journal Nature got worldwide media coverage for finding that the oceans warmed dramatically faster than previously thought — but now the researchers have retracted that conclusion after a man in the United Kingdom blogged about flaws he discovered in the paper.

Just two weeks after publication, the study authors have revised their paper, and now conclude that the oceans are warming fast -- but at the same rate as other measurements have found.

“I accept responsibility for these oversights because it was my role to ensure that details of the measurements were correctly understood and taken up by coauthors,” study co-author Ralph Keeling wrote in an explanation of the revision.

The error was first discovered by Nic Lewis, a retired British man who holds a bachelors degree in math from the University of Cambridge and who reads science papers for fun. He has also written a couple of published papers of his own on climate science.

“I've always liked to understand the world and to check whether people's research makes sense to me. Once I find something that seems wrong to me, I like to get to the bottom of it,” Lewis told Fox News.

Science is self correcting .

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:16 pm
1989TransAm wrote:

When exposed by a person who isn't even in the scientific field and is a denier...

The guy was just a mathematician who regularly exposes the religions errors in math

You need your engineer buddy to give you better talking points..the self correcting would have been true if they noticed themselves it was not right and corrected it..

But that's not what happen...it went through climate change religion peer review and got the big thumbs up...then when made public BAMM

Red faces for everyone

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:05 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:40 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:

When exposed by a person who isn't even in the scientific field and is a denier...

The guy was just a mathematician who regularly exposes the religions errors in math

You need your engineer buddy to give you better talking points..the self correcting would have been true if they noticed themselves it was not right and corrected it..

But that's not what happen...it went through climate change religion peer review and got the big thumbs up...then when made public BAMM

Red faces for everyone
Point beeing corrected.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:05 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:40 pm
Firedome8 wrote:

Red faces for everyone
Point beeing corrected.
Point being a "layperson" had to "correct" the many experts in the climate change industry.

And the correction wasn't given near the MSM attention as the original bogus study release.

The so called self correction is a bold face lie

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:32 pm

"It shouldn't be too much of a surprise that Einstein could get it wrong, because science is not absolute truth-it is our best understanding given the current data" Brian Clegg

Please raise your hands, those with the best understanding . :shock:

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Isn't it so funny when the demon rats discover their religion is a lie.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:45 pm

THIS IS OLD NEWS THAT WAS POSTED LAST WEEK....................YOU NEED TO PAY CLOSER ATTENTION TO WHAT'S BEEN POSTED!!

viewtopic.php?p=780380#p780380
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:21 pm

its all the same crap, keep changing data so it matches what you want people to believe.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:01 am

lefty o wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:21 pm
its all the same crap, keep changing data so it matches what you want people to believe.
And what is that, that you can prove BTW?

I'd suppose the "best understanding with the given data" quote is above your pay grade? :lol:

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:09 am

lefty o wrote:
Yup, and most of the world has noticed the hyped up bs that it is.

Lots of "errors" lately . Look around the world, it's getting yuuggge pushback, and for good reason

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:54 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:01 am
lefty o wrote:

I'd suppose the "best understanding with the given data" quote is above your pay grade? :lol:
everything is above your pay grade.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:46 pm

lefty o wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:54 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:01 am
lefty o wrote:

everything is above your pay grade.
1 Effort
0 For Originality

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:59 pm

That study is a sad thing for the demonrat climate change religion, how many hail gores does one have to say over this dreaded news?