Small engine boring machine

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

machinedave
Guru
Guru
Small engine boring machine

Post by machinedave »

Porta-tool small engine cylinder boring machine. The motor and feed work fine. The micrometer is stuck and it is missing the centering fixture. $500. Located in the Minneapolis area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: Small engine boring machine

Post by ProPower engines »

You have a PM.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

I have a video of the machine running. I cannot post it but I can send it in a text if anyone wants to see it.
dhidaka

Post by dhidaka »

Good machine although I think they are out of business. 3-finger centering similar to KW. Tooling is cheap. Been using one for 40 years for smaller-midsize MC cylinders. Very few issues over the years. Minor replacement parts are universal. Larger MC/ATV/Jetski bores using KW FWS11.
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

dhidaka wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:08 pm Good machine although I think they are out of business. 3-finger centering similar to KW. Tooling is cheap. Been using one for 40 years for smaller-midsize MC cylinders. Very few issues over the years. Minor replacement parts are universal. Larger MC/ATV/Jetski bores using KW FWS11.
Yup. I would keep it if I didn't get the small boring head for my rottler. Do you happen to have a picture of the centering fixture?
dhidaka

Post by dhidaka »

machinedave wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:10 am
dhidaka wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:08 pm Good machine although I think they are out of business. 3-finger centering similar to KW. Tooling is cheap. Been using one for 40 years for smaller-midsize MC cylinders. Very few issues over the years. Minor replacement parts are universal. Larger MC/ATV/Jetski bores using KW FWS11.
Yup. I would keep it if I didn't get the small boring head for my rottler. Do you happen to have a picture of the centering fixture?
Sorry, I don't often get on the shop end of ST. Here are pics of centering fixture as requested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

Thanks very much for the picture.
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

Sold
rpmlou
HotPass
HotPass

Post by rpmlou »

Do anyone of you have a copy of the service manual for this boring bar?
I can do almost anything, just not everything...
edmaltacan100

Post by edmaltacan100 »

I have a copy of the service operations manual for the Porta-tool boring machine... approx 9 pages will mail ..if you are still looking for one ..pm me thanks