K-W or Van Norman portable line bore

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

K-W or Van Norman portable line bore

Post by ALKYAL »

Anyone here have one of these oldies or know where one is sitting gathering dust. Had one and sold it to buy a TA15/ too big for current shop-sold it. I see them on e-bay every now and then, but they want more for them used then when they were new. Looking to spend around 2000.00 for one complete and in good shape. Need a unit that has 4 supports [one on ebay now T/A only has 2] anyone have addl suppots for a T/A? Only need the shorter pan rail bars [36/38 in?] and the shorter bar [ for automtive work-42 in?] also would need the setting mike. Thanks for looking Al
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly
Noob
Pro
Pro

Re: K-W or Van Norman portable line bore

Post by Noob »

I may have a lead for you. I think the army used to use them. I will consult my friend the "old guy" as I think he has one in a back room. If I remember they're in about a 5' long metal box that's 12" wide and 6" deep. weighs about 100+ lbs.
Mech Engineer
north florida engine/suspension tuner
Fabrication
Noob
Pro
Pro

Post by Noob »

Yeah Got an old kwik way one with two bars, 5 attachments, pan rails hook ups, mic, bits, depth mic, etc. Fully kitted out. Sent you a PM.
Mech Engineer
north florida engine/suspension tuner
Fabrication
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Post by ALKYAL »

WOW, that was too easy. Called Noobs dad this afternoon-worked out a deal. Did a money [$$$$] wire transfer early this eve. [just before my bank closed] and the unit will be ready for P.U. friday. Am trying to get a friend who is a hauler driver to stop on the way back up from Daytona and do a quick pick-up. Hope that works out. Thanks Al
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly