IDL CG-80 sunnen VR7000

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Brian W
Pro
Pro

IDL CG-80 sunnen VR7000

Post by Brian W »

I am looking for a IDL centerless valve refacer. If you have one you would part with send me a email to bweinhold64g@hotmail.com

Thanks, Brian
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: IDL CG-80 sunnen VR7000

Post by ProPower engines »

Where are you located for shipping purposes?
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Brian W
Pro
Pro

Post by Brian W »

Central Kansas
Brian W
Pro
Pro

Post by Brian W »

I found a IDL CG80 in Fl and am having it shipped to me. Thanks, Brian
bill jones
Guru
Guru

Post by bill jones »

-I'm curious as to what that machine costs you to get to your place---and then what it ends up taking to make it into a nice machine that you could be proud of.

-I bought a CG80 in the late 1980's---paid something like $1200 for it well used here locally from a diesel shop---then spent another $1000 or so on stones, bearing, rollers, belts etc.

-I still have it although I don't use it very much lately---but it's great for getting every valve to the exact same lengths and with equal margin thicknesses---and it a really bad day when I have trouble getting less than 1/2 thou of runout.

-One thing I have also done is to build a rocker arm resurfacing fixture---it didn't come with one and I needed to do a perk up a set of old rockers---found a couple of videos on youtube and some pictures of fixturing on Ebay---to where I could see what and how the thing was supposed to work.

-I feel my CG80 is absolute best valve refacer I have ever owned.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

And the best part is all the replacement parts are made up here by a fellow in Ontario Canada that work at IDL and has all the diamentional blueprints for replacement parts for them even the S+G machines and tooling.
Goodson Regis etc buys it from him and resells it
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Brian W
Pro
Pro

Post by Brian W »

You don't wanna know what it cost!!! LOL I figured it was the machine I want and not really any point in settling for something else, so I paid whatever it took to get the machine I want. The guy said it was in excellent shape... we'll see. I used this same type machine for years when I used to work at a performance machine shop, on everything from SS diesel valves to Titanium race valves,... best VR I have ever used.