Sioux 657 valve facer and seat grinder set up.

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

user-3597028

Sioux 657 valve facer and seat grinder set up.

Post by user-3597028 »

I have an old Soiux 657 valve grinder for sale. It did not come with a coolant set up, but I made a tank and recovery system for it and fitted it with an electric pump, flow valve and drain back system. I had the whole grinding head apart and serviced it.

The tank I fabricated is well made, tig welded and does not leak. I never painted the tank, the grinder is red and in nice condition. It has a butt grinder as well.

The grinder functions as it should. It does, however, need a stem end stop & centering pilot. It could be easily made on a lathe. The wiring is showing age and could use replacement. Even without the centering stop, it grinds valves pretty well. You will need to make or buy a dressing fixture. I have a couple pieces to make one from including a new diamond dressing bit.

It comes on a roll around Kwik Way valve grinder cabinet with the cast aluminum top. It is in fair shape and could use repainting. There is enough storage to hold all of the seat grinding supplies and much more.

Also included is an electric Sioux angle seat grinder. It functions well and shows normal wear.

I have a couple used stone holders, some assorted pilots and a dressing fixture as well.

I fixed this thing up to use in my race trailer, or at the lake house...but it's been sitting here for over 20 years and I will probably never use any of it. It was fun to fix up though. It is a nice little set up for the home hobbiest, although I've seen some small professional shops use stuff in "not as nice" condition!

It's time to get rid of some stuff, $700.00 for everything..It is located in MN, near Saint Paul.

I am open to trades for something that takes up less space. Torque plates, BHJ rings, rod/pin honing mandrels..etc.

I can send pics via cell phone to anyone who is interested. PM me your number or text me at 651 442-4252 and I will return pics.

Thanks, Ron
user-3597028

Re: Sioux 657 valve facer and seat grinder set up.

Post by user-3597028 »

Still for sale, great starter set up for the low volume home engine builder, or hobbyist.

Make me an offer. I can probably get this thing shipped between MPLS and Chicago for $100.

Ron