Kwik Way Valve Grinder with Collet Chuck

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

scotts439

Kwik Way Valve Grinder with Collet Chuck

Post by scotts439 »

kwik way sv valve grinder. I recently converted it to a collet chuck because the original chuck was worn out. It is a model SV, which is very similar to a VS. It is all there, everything works, smooth and quiet. wheels are good, original paint, the oil in it is filthy, I will drain and clean of course. It includes the original chuck, handle, cover, etc. The collet chuck is from MSC, it is a DA 100 collet style, which is good for .0005 concentricity. I have 3 collet to go with it, 5/16, 11/32, and 3/8. the collets are about $12 from MSC. This is a really decent machine for the price. pics available for those interested, just ask I will email them . Asking $375. OR, if anyone is interested in a machine for an ACCU-CHUCK, I will sell this machine less the collet chuck for $175. machine is 25 miles north of boston.
mach9
Pro
Pro

Re: Kwik Way Valve Grinder with Collet Chuck

Post by mach9 »

You should have no trouble selling it at that price if it's as you describe. I already have one and am interested in converting to the collet chuck. Do you happen to have the MSC numbers? Any info on the conversion would be appreciated. Good luck with sale.
Mack Johnson
'86 Mustang Footbraker
Pump gas 347
6.435 @ 104
monte442
Pro
Pro

Post by monte442 »

Interested. Could you send me some pics please,any idea how old it is ?
e-mail is mjmonte442@sbcglobal.net
Thank you
Mountain Lion Motorsports
Bethel, CT
Jginger

Post by Jginger »

I am also interested in the MSC numbers,would also be intersted in your collet if you sell just the machine.
I also will give Mack first dibbs as he posted first
rce4csh
Pro
Pro

Post by rce4csh »

A collet chuck I would breathe some new life into the Kwik Way VS sitting in my storage. I would really appreciate the information needed to sucessfully make this happen.
Thanks!
scotts439

Post by scotts439 »

well I guess peope want the info rather than the machine... here it is. MSC.... erickson DA 100 collet chuck 09201195. now, couple of things. I had to make a sleeve for the front of the chuck to run against the housing. The shank of this chuck was a little short, it just reached, I would prefer a longer shank. also note.... the DA collets are only rated to .0005 concentricity at the collet. a er16 collet chuck will give .0002, but they dont have 1.25 shank. so if you really want dead nuts concentricity, convert a er16 style chuck to fit. it is a bit more cash layout and you would have to make a sleeve to bring the shank up to 1.25 good luck.
mach9
Pro
Pro

Post by mach9 »

Thanks very much for the info. Sorry that I already have a machine. But, really, at that price I can't imagine it will last long. I have a well used but still good working Sioux that want twice that for. If you want to strike a deal with Jginger, go right ahead, my coin is a little low right now. Good luck!
Mack Johnson
'86 Mustang Footbraker
Pump gas 347
6.435 @ 104
DCarr511

Post by DCarr511 »

Is this machine still available ? PM has been sent.
scotts439

Post by scotts439 »

sorry duane, it is sold.
DCarr511

Post by DCarr511 »

scotts439 wrote:sorry duane, it is sold.
Thanks for the respose, thats more than some do !!! Its appreciated.