Wanted- Dyno water brake

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

BlitzA64
Expert
Expert
Wanted- Dyno water brake

Post by BlitzA64 »

Looking for a Dyno water brake or an inexpensive dyno to use to break in new engines. Nothing magic needed. Looking at a new Basic Land and Sea unit but figured I'd try to see if any used stuff is out there.....
raceman14
Expert
Expert

Re: Wanted- Dyno water brake

Post by raceman14 »

Contact Donnie on here as "Shopboss", if you need his phone# you can PM me and I'll get it for you. He has an older Stuska unit that he replaced with a LAND&SEA. It has all the stuff to hook up to make it run up to about 600-700hp.

I would buy it but have never come up with the extra scratch...
More is always better!!! Most of the time.
BlitzA64
Expert
Expert

Post by BlitzA64 »

Thanks, sent him a PM to see what he has available.....
raceman14
Expert
Expert

Post by raceman14 »

I am a picky SOB as I rebuild Serdi's and sell them to Pro-Stock and other engine builders...

I would personally buy they dyno Donnie has #1 because he is a Super Stand-UP Guy and he will tell you the real scoop on the part and also because I have seen it run and it kicks out the same numbers as DTS and Superflows I have run on, It is not fully instrumented but then again he is not asking $50K for it either...

I could have paid for it twice over this year alone in the cash I have spent running on other engine dyno's, I just have not had or made the time to build a room and buy the dyno from him...

He will contact you back for sure as he is one of the only guys I know that is old school everything else but he is a Super GEEK when it comes to computers.
BlitzA64
Expert
Expert

Post by BlitzA64 »

I am working on leasing a Bay in my old shop for the room. That will be the biggest issue to get nailed down. The new Land and Sea is priced pretty well for a baseline unit which is what I am looking for to get started. We'll see, not looking to make money just looking to save some time and have something that is not a thrash so I can work at my pace on my own equipment.....
raceman14
Expert
Expert

Post by raceman14 »

When I rent dyno time it usually runs $400-500 a day. Over the last 15 years I have dyno tested every engine I have built and I have probably paid for a couple dyno's but that is what it is...

I have owned my own chassis DYno for about 20 years now and always use it to back-up my own cars and house customers.

On the engine dyno testing, I have a couple guys that treat me well whenever I run and I get good conservative, accurate and precise results.

Usually takes a couple oil changes and 2 runs of 2 hours each to break in a flat tappet cam, rings and valve seats...Crate engines take about the same time because of the lifter prep, ring prep and hone package I use. Usually 4 - 1hr runs with oil changes after each stop.

That usually takes 8am to Lunch break, during lunch I usually change valve springs to the real ones and that takes about an hour to swap and re-lash the valvetrian, and after lunch we start hammering down on power pulls.

I have been working on an inertia engine dyno for about 7-8 years now and have spent a small fortune getting it to the point it is now and I need another $15-20K to get it done. I guess it will be a retirement project at the rate I am getting things done.
BSFC

Post by BSFC »

I have an older Go Power water brake DE 516. And components that I want to get rid of. Please PM me if you are interested.
FullThrottleBill

Post by FullThrottleBill »

I just listed a Superflow 901 for sale on racingjunk.com.