Wanted CK 10 parts

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

toolmakeron
Pro
Pro

Wanted CK 10 parts

Post by toolmakeron »

I have an older CK 10 honing machine. I need the block hold down parts, diamond hone head, maybe a pump, mine is a bit weak. Anyone have an older machine that can be parted out, or who sells parts for these machines, Other than $unnen. Thanks guys Ron
Custombalancing.com
We Make Honey Out of Dogshit*
* some conditions apply.
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Re: Wanted CK 10 parts

Post by PackardV8 »

Sometimes Don Dennis has parts - homer1590@comcast.net 425-766-1619

jack vines
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

The pumps they sell are Hypro roller pumps. About $200 or less. I got a pump off ebay.Both Sam and Don at Farris equip. told hats the pump they use on all their rebuilt machines. Sunne does not offer a complete pump any longer and the kit is priced out of this world and incomplete.The pump number is a Hypro roller pump #4101C.
They are very quiet running and pump just as much or more oil the the OE pump.
They also use the same pump on the rod and line honing machines as well.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

toolmakeron wrote:I have an older CK 10 honing machine. I need the block hold down parts, diamond hone head, maybe a pump, mine is a bit weak. Anyone have an older machine that can be parted out, or who sells parts for these machines, Other than Sunnen. Thanks guys Ron

The block hold down stuff you are better of building them yourself. Last time I looked into a hold down fixture for a hone they wanted $1200-$200 for the fixture.
Its a simple rig to build and you can add a couple features for holding single or small cyl. engines to hone them.Again sunnen sells or sold the accessories at one time but they were costly
MotionMachine
Guru
Guru

Post by MotionMachine »

I'm not sure of the reason, maybe spindle hp, but it is not recommended to use diamonds in a CK10. If you go that route just be aware that they are susceptible to breaking if they hit anything like a main web. At $500 a set that can get pricey. The spindle on the SV10 is independent of the stroking action so it can be rotated by hand to check for clearance at the bottom of the cylinder, unlike CK and CV. Most everyone I know with a CK or CV just cranks the cradle up slowly when the machine is stroking and stops when the stones just touch the web, then drop it half a crank. Can't do that with diamond, snap-er-oo. And of course main webs interference is not consistent one hole to the next, as I'm sure you know. But diamonds cut to size as far as they reach into a cylinder so you don't need to over-stroke them as much as vitrifed. That's why they work so well on blind cylinders. If you are switching to all diamond, I highly recommend coolant over oil. Never any heat buildup and it's WAY cheaper than $1,100 a barrel for MAN845. But it cannot be used with vitrified.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

But diamonds cut to size as far as they reach into a cylinder soto all diamond, I highly recommend coolant over oil. Never any heat buildup and it's WAY cheaper than $1,100 a barrel for MAN845. But it cannot be used with vitrified.[/quote]

Hey justthought I would remind you guys down in the USA that Adger switched to a different oil that works way better then the Man845 Sunnen stuff because he had an allergy to the sulfur in the sunnen oil.
I also use a different oil from NOCO lubricants called NOCO Grind 690 Again developed for sunnen stones.
I have been using it for 15=yrs and no issues and it has a pleasent smell to it as well.
You guys may want to check with Adger before changing your honing ol in the future.
Dave