WTB Sunnen Line Hone Mandrels Wanted

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

WTB Sunnen Line Hone Mandrels Wanted

Post by ProPower engines »

I am looking for a 10RY-1800 and a10RY-2100 line hone mandrels.
I will concider the shorter RY-1800 mandrel for cam tunnel finish alignment

Checking to see whats out there before going to Sunnen for a brand new units.

I would prefer mandrels to have stones and shoes but will concider those without or well worn if price is right.
PM me with details

Thanks again
Dave
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Re: WTB Sunnen Line Hone Mandrels Wanted

Post by PackardV8 »

What is the going price for used Sunnen mandrels, loaded and unloaded?

jack vines
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

PackardV8 wrote:What is the going price for used Sunnen mandrels, loaded and unloaded?

jack vines
$1100 to $1500 for loaded in excellent shape.
So far 1 guy in Texas Pm'd me that has an 10-RY-1800one for $950 with no shoes or stones.

Do you have something available???
From memory you are in washinton state so shipping to My Blaine drop office is not to bad.

Let me know
Dave
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Post by ALKYAL »

Purchased and payed for a 2100 from HOMER on E-Bay. have sent him numerous messages about what shipping to Ohio is for my unit. Have had NO response from him so far. Am worried that I am out abt.1200.00. Glad we used Pay-Pal. Will see what can be done. Had many E-Bay on line exchanges, but NO mandrel so far. Believe also in state of Wash. ? Anyone on here close to him? Those smaller units are hard to find in GOOD USED condition. What does it cost to stone and shoe an 1800?
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

ALKYAL wrote:Purchased and payed for a 2100 from HOMER on E-Bay. have sent him numerous messages about what shipping to Ohio is for my unit. Have had NO response from him so far. Am worried that I am out abt.1200.00. Glad we used Pay-Pal. Will see what can be done. Had many E-Bay on line exchanges, but NO mandrel so far. Believe also in state of Wash. ? Anyone on here close to him? Those smaller units are hard to find in GOOD USED condition. What does it cost to stone and shoe an 1800?

I have got A few things from him as well never an issue but you never know right,
Yes he is in washington state butb I think Jack vines is able to contact him. As he posted about some sunnen hones he has
You may try Jack for a contact number or you may have to open a case file with ebay for non delivery of item

If you have reserved feed back till you recieved the mandrel now would be a good time to remind him that a neg. feed back
will come for non delivery
I think there is a phone number as well on his ebay ad's and his ebay store. At least there was a few months back

Hope it works out
Dave
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

ProPower engines wrote:
ALKYAL wrote:Purchased and payed for a 2100 from HOMER on E-Bay. have sent him numerous messages about what shipping to Ohio is for my unit. Have had NO response from him so far. Am worried that I am out abt.1200.00. Glad we used Pay-Pal. Will see what can be done. Had many E-Bay on line exchanges, but NO mandrel so far. Believe also in state of Wash. ? Anyone on here close to him? Those smaller units are hard to find in GOOD USED condition. What does it cost to stone and shoe an 1800?

I have got A few things from him as well never an issue but you never know right,
Yes he is in Washington state but I think Jack vines is able to contact him. As he posted about some sunnen hones he has
You may try Jack for a contact number or you may have to open a case file with ebay for non delivery of item

If you have reserved feed back till you received the mandrel now would be a good time to remind him that a neg. feed back
will come for non delivery
I think there is a phone number as well on his ebay ad's and his ebay store. At least there was a few months back

Hope it works out
Dave
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Yes, I know Don and will give him a nudge for you about your mandrel. He's pretty honest, just in the midst of a move and reorganization.

jack vines
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Post by ALKYAL »

thats what I had come to understand. If this is a simple oversite, then so be it. I am sure he will take care of it, If I send the $ for the PVC tube and ends plus the shipping amount. Thanks for your intervention. He and I had also spoke about the necessary items that he thought he had to add the line hone wing to a CK-10, including the cradle and hardware for the block. The he could buy my line hone Cabinet also was in the market for the Sunnen PLB-100 that I have now. Sent you a PM
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Still looking for a RY1800 and RY2100 line hone mandrels. Was told there was a long wait by Sunnen for new so I
am still looking.
Anything new available??
If so please post a location and we can chat about a finders fee for a reasonablely priced unit in good shape

Thanks again
Dave
marksbug

Post by marksbug »

I know this is a few months old, but ever thought of making the mandrel& buying the rest?shoes,stones,wdges etc? Ive never looked at the linehone mandrels close but most of the smaller ones are pretty simple.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

If it was easy danmar would have done it by now.
The consumable parts are very expensive such as wedges retainer blocks screws etc etc etc.
To buy the hardware seperately would almost be the cost of the mandrel.

I ordered a mandrel from sunnen but they are back ordered for a few months so I am still looking anyway as I may get lucky.
ch408w

Post by ch408w »

Did you ever find a mandrel ???

I have a 10RY-2100 if you still need one...I can post a pic of interested