Want to Buy: OTC 50 Ton Hydraulic Puller Set

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

blockislandguy
Pro
Pro
Want to Buy: OTC 50 Ton Hydraulic Puller Set

Post by blockislandguy »

We are in the market for an OTC Item Number 1690 . This is a 50 ton capacity hyrdaulic puller set. This is NOT a fixed, rigid hydraulic press . Rather this hand hydraulic set up consists of 6 part numbers fro hydraulics, two different pullers, and 10 or so part numbers for accessories.

The main part numbers include a PN 4002 single stage hyrdaulic hand pump assy, a PN 4122 50 ton ram with threaded insert, and a PN 1080 50 ton 3-jaw hydraulic puller, etc.

If you don't have the complete set, let us know what you have, where you are located (the complete package weights 576 pounds so shipping is an issue) and how to get in touch with you.
nwhp

Re: Want to Buy: OTC 50 Ton Hydraulic Puller Set

Post by nwhp »

I've got a weed burner and a BFH I want to unload... :lol:
nwhp

Post by nwhp »

That I picked up at Harbor Freight.

Sorry, couldn't resist smarting off! :wink:
blockislandguy
Pro
Pro

Post by blockislandguy »

Thats OK. You can get a lot done with a BFH and a little heat. The problem is that it just isn't profitable.

One of the weekend papers (maybe the weekend editon of the WSJ) had a spread about an exclusive area of homes in LA . Apparently the founder of Harbor Fright has a palatial home in that area and is on the Forbes Magazine list of billionaires.
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

blockislandguy wrote:We are in the market for an OTC Item Number 1690 . This is a 50 ton capacity hyrdaulic puller set. This is NOT a fixed, rigid hydraulic press . Rather this hand hydraulic set up consists of 6 part numbers fro hydraulics, two different pullers, and 10 or so part numbers for accessories.

The main part numbers include a PN 4002 single stage hyrdaulic hand pump assy, a PN 4122 50 ton ram with threaded insert, and a PN 1080 50 ton 3-jaw hydraulic puller, etc.

If you don't have the complete set, let us know what you have, where you are located (the complete package weights 576 pounds so shipping is an issue) and how to get in touch with you.
OTC 1076 and the OTC 1127 is the set-up. 3 Jaw only when you cant get the knife behind the object.

I found online (new) the OTC 1076 for under $800 - and the OTC 1127 for under $450.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
blockislandguy
Pro
Pro

Post by blockislandguy »

Keith,

Thanks.

We really should get together this fall for a cup of coffee.

Block Island Guy
blockislandguy
Pro
Pro

Post by blockislandguy »

Keith,

There is a fly in the ointment.

When I research the OTC part number 1076 that you referenced, this is a HYDRAULIC push-puller. Because of this it requires the very expensive OTC 50 ton ram and hand pump set up to operate, not simply an impact wrench. Or, am I missing something?
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

The listings I saw (ebay, amazon) for the 1076 showed hard bar, legs, 50 ton ram etc... together. I think you will have call and find out just what is included.

The stuff I've used is all various brands. Just assembled what was needed for the job from a big collection of this kind of pulling equipment.

Now the most important parts are the hard bar, pulling legs, clamps, etc.. and a of course a knife or shop fabricated adapter to go behind what you are pulling. even if you have a big knife, will end up making adapters for some stuff. (cut out of thick plate etc..).

The ram and pump can be of any make model. mix and match is fine.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o