WTB Tappet resurfacing machine

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Preferredservices
WTB Tappet resurfacing machine

Post by Preferredservices »

I am looking for a sunnen or tobin arp tr-6700 dead or alive to add to my shop please pm me if anyone can help thanks Dave
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: WTB Tappet resurfacing machine

Post by ProPower engines »

There are several of us here looking.
Webb also made a machine similar but for storm vulcan back in the day.

Just as a note there is a machine made overseas that will do the job and was made for just this purpose.
I was going to do an FYI post when I get the details about it. It will also do lifter buckets as well as bucket shims.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Preferredservices

Thank You I dont mind sending them out to get done but when I need a set same day its not working out I was thinking of putting a collet head in my lathe and using a pedestal grinder with a good cup wheel I just dont have a good way to set the degree plus the mess on the ways and everything .
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

I was looking at getting a speed reducer angle drive like a crank polishing stand uses and mounting a collet chuck to it.
The grinding wheel can be oriented to adjust the grinding angle mounted to a plate that is on a table that slides on another table with a slot to set the degree of angle for the correct radius.
A small coolant pump for VG oil for cooling and the tank would be under the top as part of the complete assembly.

Like the storm vulcan setup.
I figure maybe $500-$750 to get it done completely

Sorry for not being in the right thread but when ideas come up ya know how it is :lol:
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Preferredservices

Latest update picked this up from a friend for $500 bucks [img]
FB91C019-E5F8-4CE5-A510-302762CEC024.jpeg
[/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michaelfrompa

Post by Michaelfrompa »

Not to say you cannot use that for lifters......but it IS a tool and cutter grinder.....and as most of these types, does not rotate the piece being presented to the wheel, except by hand................The tappet grinders we all use/desire....rotate the lifter as it is ground. Good Luck anyway.....