Show us your Race Car(s)

Post photos/videos of anything* you own - Or, ask to see something.

Moderator: Team

4sfed
Pro
Pro
Re: Show us your Race Car(s)

Post by 4sfed »

Over 500 entries last year . . . bikes and cars. I recommend you arrive for the first weekend. Many of the west coast cars . . . race cars and hot rods . . . are there for the weekend only.
rat_rod_0169.jpg
Then there is the normal attrition from too much nitro.
TooMuchNitro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

'86 ex-Roush Merkur XR4Ti, 690 HP 380" SBF, 2250# dry, Vintage legal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
F1Fever
Guru
Guru

Post by F1Fever »

I would really like to drive that Mr Madbill !
I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.
West Siloam Dispensary
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

It's been a ball to work on performance enhancements and the owner/driver certainly enjoyed the last race of the year: fastest lap by 2 sec. and a 30 sec. lead at the 12 lap finish. Way better than the airborne spin at 140 MPH in the first...

RealOldsPower

Post by RealOldsPower »

ROP1.jpg
Worlds Quickest Olds Powered Vehicle
397 CID Twin Turbo SEFI
mjschneidy

Post by mjschneidy »

Glad to see a nice mix of cars. Here's my 36k mile 82 GT dedicated track car. Currently building an alum RDI 431 to replace the trusty old stock block 408W.
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

Cool car! it should be quite the sleeper with more cubes and what? 130# or more less weight on the nose.

BTW, is that a whiff of fender rub smoke coming off the top of the right front?

mjschneidy

Post by mjschneidy »

Thanks Bill. I was admiring the Merkur, that must be fun to play with! My dream is to do some form of vintage racing someday, that nice looking Triumph on page one is more up my alley.

Yes, whiff of fender/tire smoke coming out of turn 12 at Grattan going hard onto the straight. The stock appearing body hides a fairly developed chassis pretty well, the weight loss on the nose should add to the sleeper fun.
dieselgeek
Guru
Guru

Post by dieselgeek »

Not mine but have around 1000 hours of work into the project. Current record holder A/BGALT (blown gas altered coupe) 273mph. We'd like to go over 300mph with it. At the bottom is a video of our shake down runs in 2012 where we were fortunate enough to set the record. 2013 we broke a trans and didn't have the setup for the conditions. Hoping to go faster in 2014.

Electronically, it's pretty advanced with live data over wireless to the push truck and pits. GPS, suspension travel, front + rear wheel speeds, turbine speeds, cabin pressure, somewhere around 70 inputs being monitored. Data is written to an SD card, and a backup computer in the car (similar to what's in a Police Car) also keeps logs as a backup. All DIY and it's been completely reliable in two seasons and 6 passes.

Video of the 2012 pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFZhhrwqTTM
Calibration Engineer
www.DIYAutotune.com
F1Fever
Guru
Guru

Post by F1Fever »

I can't imaging the amount of time & money to make 6 passes in two years, i want to make 6 8th mile passes each time i drive to town lol
I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.
West Siloam Dispensary
4sfed
Pro
Pro

Post by 4sfed »

F1Fever wrote:I can't imaging the amount of time & money to make 6 passes in two years, i want to make 6 8th mile passes each time i drive to town lol
You'll probably never understand until you go to Bonneville :D

Dieselgeek . . . nice run BTW.
F1Fever
Guru
Guru

Post by F1Fever »

Lol, you might be right! DGeek, i think I'm ready for your skills, got a turbo 5.3 in the works going in a fox...
West Siloam Dispensary
JimV

Post by JimV »

dieselgeek
Guru
Guru

Post by dieselgeek »

MadBill wrote:It's been a ball to work on performance enhancements and the owner/driver certainly enjoyed the last race of the year: fastest lap by 2 sec. and a 30 sec. lead at the 12 lap finish. Way better than the airborne spin at 140 MPH in the first...

That's awesome!

and that car is beautiful too. Wow. I knew you worked on some really stout ford smallblock stuff but to see the project in pictures is better. Thanks for sharing!
Calibration Engineer
www.DIYAutotune.com
tsanchez

Post by tsanchez »