Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

nickmckinney
Guru
Guru

Re: Non automotive pictures

Post by nickmckinney »

Mitch not only have I never seen one of those I have never seen any belt drive head in this field. I could be interested but you may not like what I would be willing to pay as I would only keep it in the "junkyard" for spare parts in case I ever saw another one. You might be able to get more locally up there for it if someone was selling that style in that area for awhile. How quiet/loud is it?
mitch
Expert
Expert

Post by mitch »

I have not got around to running it but will soon.I got it from a local mental health place here in town.Bet I know what you will be doing at 8:30 2nite
Mitch
nickmckinney
Guru
Guru

Post by nickmckinney »

Lets see if he can get his birthday present :D
Here is what I worked on today, the common direct drive version, nobody else within 100 miles touches them. This one needs a crank and a rod.
Kenova
Expert
Expert

Post by Kenova »

AWWWWW, look at those cute little pistons. :lol:
Could you post a picture with a ball point pen next to the parts so we can see if the pump is as tiny as it looks?

Ken
Over the hill but still learning!
Retaining it is the hard part.
nickmckinney
Guru
Guru

Post by nickmckinney »

mitch wrote:Bet I know what you will be doing at 8:30 2nite
Started the day a 19 year old kid, ended the day a 20 year old man.
Happy birthday Famous Jameis, swag football is king in Florida again, the world is returning back to normal :D
mitch
Expert
Expert

Post by mitch »

Too close for comfort
stealth
Guru
Guru

Post by stealth »

8E9F7AB2-4DE4-4057-97A7-DBECB9A1CC00.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dogwater

Post by Dogwater »

Found this at a garage sale. Had a price tag on it for $15.00, bought it an left quickly before anyone changed their mind. It’s an Admiral, made in the early 50’s. It has vacuum tubes & paper wrapped capacitors. Missing the needle for the record player. Haven’t plugged it in yet cause the power cord is dry rotted. The case is Bakelite. Don’t know what I’m going to do with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

Just finishing a wood fired brick pizza oven.....a little stucco work left but its functional at this point. I did the base and stucco, my bother came up and did the brick work....you know, the critical stuff.

This came because wifey said I had to extend the patio as part of my new garage poject....then with the extra space ...yay, would and oven fit now?..... yes dear.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

Son's first engine swap....ok, I helped a little ;)

Minibike engine died so the 2.5hp is out and the 6.5hp unused chipper engine is in...plus a torque converter.....it just fit with major modes to the air box and exhaust and then smacking the top of the gas tank to get enough clearance to remove the gas cap (oops).

He was grinning ear to ear when realized it's now hard NOT to wheelie it.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

Finished the oven and learned an important lesson about how caustic some cement products can be....but it came out nice, Lana is happy, and my skin will heal.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer