FrankenFerrari engine

Post photos/videos of anything* you own - Or, ask to see something.

Moderator: Team

n2xlr8n
Expert
Expert

Re: FrankenFerrari engine

Post by n2xlr8n »

Bow wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:29 pm Wow, incredible project, just awesome work
You are of course referring to the wife's new garage :lol:
He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.
Bow
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Bow »

n2xlr8n wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 am
:lol:

The Garage too...

But I was actually referring to having the Cojons to taker a band saw to Ferrari Heads/Engine?everything else and even attempt that engine build! :shock:
n2xlr8n
Expert
Expert

Post by n2xlr8n »

Bow wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:49 am

The Garage too...

But I was actually referring to having the Cojons to taker a band saw to Ferrari Heads/Engine?everything else and even attempt that engine build! :shock:
Oh that.

Pffft. :wink:
Bow
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Bow »

n2xlr8n wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:35 am
Bow wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:49 am

The Garage too...

Oh that.

Pffft. :wink:

Ha!
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

Funny.

Stuff is going slow. I should have the stairs finished tonight so I can move on to wiring soon.....then the yard..
and stucco....then maybe the car.

I have been doing some rework of the ecu model programming to make it more efficient and will start adding a few new features I want to play with next time the engine is running....boring stuff.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

Stairs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

It's got stairs and a floor....i think I can call it a room now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

gunt wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:38 pm You could probably do with a small brace at M to N high up at E
Here's what i did. The analysis showed the peak sharing to move up so I sheeted the area and nailed the bejesus out of it...that should hold it.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

gunt wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:34 pm if i had seen the plans , i'd have suggested it , it amazes me how much space is wasted in most workshops , over here my council tax went from 1300 to 7200 for 3000 sq ft , were use to making every inch count , how will you loading far out are you gona run a rsj across for support of will it be of very light storage , looking well
It's going to be shop space, but lighter stuff like the blaster cabinet, maybe flow bench, some storage. It should be safe to 100lb/sqft if I did the math right, it sure feels solid up there. The nail plates should be good but I think I'm going to sheet the corners too just for good measure....thats the problem with trusses, everything can feel solid with no bounce or sag right up to the moment a joint fails and everything comes crashing down.....im going to add some sheeting just to be certain......
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

n2xlr8n wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:16 am You are of course referring to the wife's new garage :lol:
It seems you're not far off the mark. She went out Saturday to pick out the side doors and came home all excited about the tile she found for the bathroom floor that matches the patio pretty well :?

....so still waiting on front and side doors. The Windows final got picked and ordered so that's something I guess.

I added corner sheeting over the nail plates top and bottom so there should be a safety factor of about 3 now.

Next the kids want a secret passage and I have some 3/4" floor sheeting left over so I'll put that in for them before I move on to finishing up the other framing for the walls and ceiling. They will get a room about 4x12 I think....maybe a mostly empty toolbox in front of the entrance or a shelf with light stuff like on hinges maybe....they are pretty excited and it will be additional storage in a few years when they no longer care.
Last edited by mk e on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
n2xlr8n
Expert
Expert

Post by n2xlr8n »

Regardless of who's wearing the britches.... :wink:

You sir, are a talented individual and a cool Dad.

Kudos.
gunt
Expert
Expert

Post by gunt »

I probably would too but sheeting adds weight , you could stand a light rsj either end and run a low profile rsj between them for ultimate reassurance
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

The secret room floor is in....shhhhhhhh
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
Leftcoaster
Pro
Pro

Post by Leftcoaster »

Lovely work Mark - - and its going to be soo easy for "someone" to sling a hammock or two, for fun :P
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

Leftcoaster wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 am Lovely work Mark - - and its going to be soo easy for "someone" to sling a hammock or two, for fun :P
I'm guessing the only time they'll use it is to try and cheat at hide and go seek.

Looking at it I'm wondering if putting the compressor in that space on the other end would make sense? I think it's tall enough and it would get rid of some noise...but it would be hot/cold. Something to think about
Mark
Mechanical Engineer