Episode of "Combustion Chamber" Youtube show, featuring my scratch built ride

Post photos/videos of anything* you own - Or, ask to see something.

Moderator: Team

GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Episode of "Combustion Chamber" Youtube show, featuring my scratch built ride

Post by GRTfast »

I built this car from scratch from 2012-2015 with my dad (he passed away a few months back).

I designed it, and did the majority of the fabrication. He spec'd out and built the engine, and designed the electrical system.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuXGJV8NXaE
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: Episode of "Combustion Chamber" Youtube show, featuring my scratch built ride

Post by midnightbluS10 »

So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing my Dad. I'd be delirious, I think. My only child, my daughter, passed away 4 years ago. Her anniversary was July 1. I still haven't gotten over that. Not sure I could handle losing my Dad right now.

Car is awesome. Congrats! I'm sure you think of him anytime you take it out. If it were me, I'd keep it forever. You'd have to bury me in it, probably. Congrats.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Re: Episode of "Combustion Chamber" Youtube show, featuring my scratch built ride

Post by GRTfast »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:07 am So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing my Dad. I'd be delirious, I think. My only child, my daughter, passed away 4 years ago. Her anniversary was July 1. I still haven't gotten over that. Not sure I could handle losing my Dad right now.

Car is awesome. Congrats! I'm sure you think of him anytime you take it out. If it were me, I'd keep it forever. You'd have to bury me in it, probably. Congrats.
Yeah it was rough losing dad. He was a super sharp guy, an engineer like me. He had Parkinson’s and it got real bad. He was losing his mind (it causes dementia and memory loss kinda like Alzheimer’s). In a moment of clarity, he took matters into his own hands. I don’t blame him at all, the disease was eroding the fiber of his being. We were super close, and there was nothing left unsaid between us. The car is our last and best project.

Here’s a cool shot from Ace Cafe this morning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
FuelieNova
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FuelieNova »

I enjoyed the video and love the rod
I curious what you have to go thru to get a home built rod a title and insurance?
Tom
GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast »

FuelieNova wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:02 pm I enjoyed the video and love the rod
I curious what you have to go thru to get a home built rod a title and insurance?
Tom
Pretty easy in Florida. Similar to getting a kit car registered. Just a few forms and show some receipts. Then get an inspection at the DMV which was basically just the guy checking to see if it had the same engine number as the one I submitted, and looking to see if it had lights and stuff. Real simple.