Kirkham FIA Cobra Headers and Sidepipes

Post photos/videos of anything* you own - Or, ask to see something.

Moderator: Team

exhausted
Guru
Guru

Kirkham FIA Cobra Headers and Sidepipes

Post by exhausted »

I did this Kirkham FIA cobra this year. Nice piece but I can not imagine driving one of these in LeMans for 24 hrs?/?
Had to make 36" long 3.5" OD mufflers for the sidepipes. 3.0" In and out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Calvin Elston
Elston Exhaust
Matthews, NC 28104
346-704-4430
Blog: www.exhausting101.com
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Kirkham FIA Cobra Headers and Sidepipes

Post by hoffman900 »

Nice! Curious about the step up in pipe from the collector to the pipe leading into the muffler. Any particular reason you did that? A/R chamber?
-Bob
exhausted
Guru
Guru

Post by exhausted »

hoffman900 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:27 am Nice! Curious about the step up in pipe from the collector to the pipe leading into the muffler. Any particular reason you did that? A/R chamber?
AR, :D 2.5" to 3.0". Helps with the "Bermuda" Short headers. Choke at the Collector is 2.25.
Calvin Elston
Elston Exhaust
Matthews, NC 28104
346-704-4430
groberts101
Guru
Guru

Post by groberts101 »

Holy chit that's nice! I plan on adding AR's in multiple locations, wherever space will allow of course, on my little Comet too!
BILL-C
Expert
Expert

Post by BILL-C »

Calvin, did you get a chance to take car for a good rip?
Carlquist Competition Engines
exhausted
Guru
Guru

Post by exhausted »

BILL-C wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 pm Calvin, did you get a chance to take car for a good rip?
Ha, nope. Thought about it but the motor was only running on 7 cylinders. I couldn't do that. Those things are like overpowered go-karts. Hanginh out in the breeze.
Calvin Elston
Elston Exhaust
Matthews, NC 28104
346-704-4430
n2xlr8n
Expert
Expert

Post by n2xlr8n »

Nice work.

Is that the genuine article, >$1M car? If so, I would be nervous putting it in my shop. :shock:
He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.
exhausted
Guru
Guru

Post by exhausted »

Kirkham is in Utah. Look them up. I have had several million$ cobras though. Even the first one race here in the US.
This Kirkham is a FIA replica and is an exact copy of a original but a lot nicer built car.
Calvin Elston
Elston Exhaust
Matthews, NC 28104
346-704-4430
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

exhausted wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:30 pm
BILL-C wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 pm Calvin, did you get a chance to take car for a good rip?
Ha, nope. Thought about it but the motor was only running on 7 cylinders. I couldn't do that. Those things are like overpowered go-karts. Hanginh out in the breeze.
Beautiful work! I started to use the same description abouan overpowered go kart and deleted it. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has that opinion. Personally, I'd put up with it to be able to drive it when I wanted. Give me a replica all day and I'll be more than content. We had one at the shop for a couple of months a few years ago. It was getting a few small things fixed and had some drivability issues with the carbed 351W that was in it. One of the trunk hinges had broken and some other odds and ends like that. They obviously weren't in any hurry to get it done. I must have driven it around the shop 100 or more times and 2 different drivability road tests that were just up the road and back. Clutch was super stiff, too, so it really gave it that "not traffic friendly" feel lol.

You can see it in this pic :wink: The Chevy stayed for a while, also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING