Looking for a machinist / porter in Hampton Roads VA

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

My427stang
Expert
Expert

Looking for a machinist / porter in Hampton Roads VA

Post by My427stang »

Hey gang, I have been lurking for along time and clearly see a lot of experience on this forum.

As an active duty USAF guy, just when I start getting to know who is good in an area, I move again

I need to have a set of Ford FE iron heads done, looking for a good healthy street port job, guides replaced, and seats cut for larger valves.

Looking for someone in the Hampton, Yorktown, Williamsburg, VA area, or close enough to be worth shipping.

I do a lot of side work, but this one is for my own car, a 70 427 powered Mustang. Thanks in advance
headman
Pro
Pro

Post by headman »

I'm down the road a bit in Rockingham NC.
I could do a nice job for you on the FE heads.
cnc seat cutting...
flow bench work...

Clay
(910)895-5052
RZ@D

Post by RZ@D »

There is a guy right in your area that does fine work :
Bunner Racing Engines - (757)827-1325
Greg is the owner & located in Hampton, VA. As a Air Force brat, I gotta look out for the guys in blue!! :wink:
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk »

Hey Stang,

Go easy on enlarging the exhaust valves, they are so close to the cylinder walls it's scary. I've done bigger valve conversions and the gain is minimal. The asscociated headaches of notching the walls, O-rings, copper head gaskets and receiver grooves on a street engine isn't worth it. Just my opinion.
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk »

PS this is going on the assumption that you have the 427 heads with 1.73 valves.