Becoming a sponsor

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

PDQ

Becoming a sponsor

Post by PDQ »

Hello,
Is there any info ( ie: books, tapes, cd's, etc. ) on becoming a sponsor ? I own and operate a small shop that sells, installs and refills nitrous and was looking for new ways to improve and expand our sales. We've been in business since 1999 but just recently launched our website ( www.pdqmotorsports.com ), thus we may be interested in sponsoring outside our local area. Of course I'd like to get the most bang for my buck but I just dont have a clue on getting started. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,
John J.

p.s. This forum has got to be the best I've seen on the web ! Also your websites are the most helpful and informative not to mention racer friendly that I've been on. I will be applying for affiliation/partnerhip soon !
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Post by speedtalk »

Hi John, thanks for joining the forum and for the nice comments. I don't know of any books on the subject. Me personally, I'd only sponsor people who could deliver, for example, get me some press - that makes the list pretty short. Do they get print by winning, do they own a publication, do they write for one, do they have a popular website, ...? Good luck with your biz and website.
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin
CWAGO

Post by CWAGO »

PDQ
YOU HAVE MAIL!!
PDQ

Post by PDQ »

Thank you Don and Speedtalk,

Last August we ask you in this post about sponsorship because we were having problems finding a car to sponsor. After posting we recieved replies from authors of books and tapes on how to GET sponsorship for your car. They could not believe our delima of not getting any interest ! But having the reputation for the best forum on the web ( speedtalk ) !! we got a call from a member of Joe Gibbs race team and he introduced us to Brian Sears a drag racer and heavy nitrous user from West Virginia and a deal was done...
Brian will be running one of the most advance NX systems from pdqmotorsports.com !

Once again thanks,

John J.
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Post by speedtalk »

Hey John, thanks for posting the good news.
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin

Sponsorship

Post by Guest »

I feel your pain with trying to get teams who WANT you to sponsor them.
I have been in this industry for nearly 3 years.
I offer a wide selection of racing equipment. Looking for teams to sponsor is a time consuming task.

My sponsorship program for grass roots racers is at cost gear. Having at cost equipment would lower the cost of there racing ALOT. Making their current sponsor dollars go much farther.
I would think that MANY teams would want to get that type of deal.

That has not been the case.