Streetable Mechanical Injection on a Blower

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

gt2betubbed

Streetable Mechanical Injection on a Blower

Post by gt2betubbed »

Hello Everyone-
This is my first time on the board, so let me tell a little about myself. I'm 24 and currently building a ProStreet 62 Nova. Right now it's back halfed with an Alston 4-link and a narrowed Ford 9", detroit locker, 3.89's, and some custom 31 spine axels. It's got an Alston 12 point cage and aluminum tinwork in the back. The front has a MII crossmember with tubular arms (upper and lower), coilovers, 2" dropped spindles. I have most of the motor so here's what I got: 454 bored .060 over, 4340 Eagle crank (stock stroke), Scat H-beam rods (stock length), Speed pro blower pistons, Speed Pro rings, Clevit bearings, Pro Thunder Aluminum Heads (320cc In, 119cc chambs), 6/71 blower with older style Hilborn injection, no cam yet because I've spent too much money so far and need to catch up. For a tranny I have a Ricmond 5spd, lake wood bellhouseing, centerforce clutch, and howe hyd throwout bearing.

My intentions is to have a nice street car that really performs on the track. I've asked around on how to get the injection to work "well" on the street, and have come up with nothing. I know it's some what possible because I've seen it done, and just couldn't get a chance to ask the guy driving. You guys got any ideas. Sorry for long post, just wanted to give a little background. If I find the photo album, I'll post some pics too. Thanks in advance!
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Post by speedtalk »

Welcome to the board. I hate to admit it, but I have zero experience with mechanical fuel injection. How about French Grimes?

http://www.racesaver.com/

If you talk to him, tell him he should be a guest on Speed Talk :D

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the site and recommendation. I talked to French himself (who said he stays away from computers as much as possible, plus he gets paid for his advise) and said that it was possible. He would like the car in his shop, but since we are so far away from each other (california-virginia), he said he would walk me through it over the phone. Just to let you guys know, he said that I could set up a lean condition for street cruising, and an all out condition for racing and have the be alternated by a bypass. Having never worked with a mechanical injection set up, I have no idea how it would be possible, but that's what is needed in order for it to happen. He said he's done it to over a dozen cars and all have varied a little, but all have worked without a hitch. I'm not yet ready for him to walk me through it since I don't have the motor running, let alone plumbed, so it may be a while before I get to actually "use" his number. Thanks again!
gt2betubbed

Oops.....

Post by gt2betubbed »

Sorry guys/gals, I forgot to log in before I posted that reply, it was by me... :oops:
learner

Post by learner »

go to HRE.com