Sponsor Hunt

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

herbjr
Sponsor Hunt

Post by herbjr »

I have been in a sales job my whole life and most of the time either in the racing or mail order business. My paycheck has depended on my performance my entire life. I just purchased the gold package on the racing secrets site and I must say its worth the money. I received the package Saturday and closed a $1,000. deal on Monday paid $400.00 down and $100.00 per month. The stuff Phil Valdeer talks about is basic but very complete. His approach is very simple but it works. I'm a past Super Stock World Champion however I took 8 years off of racing and have now started back. I mentioned nothing about performance in my presentation. Anyone can do this and I totally recommend this site if you are looking for funding.

Herb Jr
1994 IHRA SS World Champ
6 Time Track Champion.
Phil Veldheer Racing
Author & Show Guest
Author & Show Guest

thanks for the kind words....

Post by Phil Veldheer Racing »

...just found this Herb. Herb is not afraid to ask questions and he has high goals, and I know with persistence he will make the amount of money he told me he wanted. Remember, effort=results. It is that SIMPLE. Tell the person what you are going to do, tell them what it will cost, ask for the business, then close your mouth.......simple...they have to say SOMETHING....if yes, thank them, if no....find out why and ask again....it is all covered in the SPONSORSHIP COACH.....

Phil
www.race4free.com
Phil Veldheer
78 Cutlass S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
69 Camaro F/CM -IHRA WORLD RECORD HOLDER
97 Firebird B/SA
99 Z-28 10.5 tire
Team Owner

Post by Team Owner »

I'm sorry but your post sounds more like a infomertial than anything else.

Paying for information - isn't getting sponsorship dollars. It's paying someone else for their ideas.

Drag Racing - unless you are Don Garlits(sp) or Grumpy Jenkins isn't going to buy food or pay the bills. All it is - is a hobby.

A way for rich people to spend money to see who can cheat the most without getting caught and who can go the fastest withough getting caught.

There was several companies that are willing to represent you - for a percentage - that will get you sponsorship dollars. I know of one that Advertised in the Winston Cup Scene(sp) a few years ago.

When Todd Bodine was doing well in the Busch series and they were without a sponsor - I talked with them and gave them some leads. Out of 10, 7 of them panned out. National City Bank being one, Heinz another...... Although Todds team did not get to use them. Others benifited by their exposure.
Phil Veldheer Racing
Author & Show Guest
Author & Show Guest

Post by Phil Veldheer Racing »

Mr. Team Owner-I hate to give you the bad news, but my 5 car sportsman drag racing team owned by me, managed by me and the fastest car driven by me MAKES MORE MONEY EACH YEAR THAN MOST PEOPLE MAKE!!!! Yes I would say that is a pretty good hobby.
INFORMERCIAL (proper spelling) is not what that was above, it was merely a thank you from another HAPPY CUSTOMER.
Think positive! And remember EFFORT=RESULTS.
Herb Jr. called me on three separate occasions and asked direct questions and I gave him direct answers. He told me his goals and I think with his ATTITUDE he will reach all of them. He is having fun trying also.
Phil and also a TEAM OWNER.
www.race4free.com
cell 616 8361761
Phil Veldheer
78 Cutlass S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
69 Camaro F/CM -IHRA WORLD RECORD HOLDER
97 Firebird B/SA
99 Z-28 10.5 tire
herbjr
Post by herbjr »

I hate to tell you team owner but you may be wrong. Phil gave me a great idea on a food sponsor and I will say I tried exactly what he said with a guy who ownes 5 Subway's. After a 3 minute phone call it took me less than 30 minutes to close a deal in person worth about $1000.00 per year in food as his retail cost, so his actual cost is probably less than $200.00. I have to display 2 cars twice at this stores for two hours. The guy gets a decal on my fender and that's it. Phil's program is very simple but you have to go after it and be real. I have a 4 car sportsman team where we race only 3 cars on any given night and I can say that 10k in sponsorship $$ will be no problem at all by years end. I have never met Phil in my life and only spoke to him 3 times but he a very smart person who has figured out a niche in the sportsman racing market.

Thanks Phil,

Herb Jr