Interesting new carburetor from Pro Systems

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

289nate
Expert
Expert

Interesting new carburetor from Pro Systems

Post by 289nate »

Anyone check out the new SV1 that Patrick is selling? Looks and sounds very interesting.

http://www.prosystemsracing.com/svseries.html
R.Olds
Pro
Pro

Post by R.Olds »

Dammmm, I dont think my toilet has a bore that big!
Ron C.
Expert
Expert

Post by Ron C. »

It looks like the old "Fish" carb from many years ago.

Blessings.........Ron.
Creekside Racing Ministry
John 14:6
Ron Clevenger
CSU Gas Dominator ProCharger nonintercooled
Top Eliminator West http://www.topeliminatorwest.net
Steve Morris http://www.stevemorrisengines.com
6.49@219mph (still tunning)
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

Ron C. wrote:It looks like the old "Fish" carb from many years ago.

Blessings.........Ron.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
289nate
Expert
Expert

Post by 289nate »

I think there are a few things it looks like. LOL Have you checked out the boosters on it? That is the part I find most interesting.
Lasher...
Post by Lasher... »

Sort of like a horisontal version of the old Carter AVS / TQ secondary angled spray bars.
lluciano77
Post by lluciano77 »

I see a few possible problems with these carbs;

#1- Don't let the animal rights people see those. Now they have a real reason to say your carb is big enough to suck a bird in.

#2- Anyone seen my wrench?

#3- I can already see the Holley techs getting calls about replacement 1 barrel gaskets. It is hard enough asking them info about their own carbs.

#4- Wait until someone tries to slab the throttle shaft too much, trying to get every last CFM. I'd bet money it will happen.

#5- Where is the air cleaner stud? The "bottom of the catalog" street guy with the Vortec heads is going to get a surprise after he bolts the SV1 up, and scratches his head wondering where to put the Spectre air cleaner wingnut.

#6- Does the SV1 come with a 1:1 linkage? That would be a good prank call to Pro Systems anyway.

#7- The clown that bolts one of these to a dual plane intake and wonders why his engine is down on power.

Sorry, in a sarcastic mood tonight. The carb looks cool, but probably too big for anything I am going to build. I wonder if they will make them in a streetable CFM rating. Although, I am guessing there aren't as significant results to be had on NA small blocks 500hp and under with smaller cams w/ less overlap.
Dodge Freak
Guru
Guru
Post by Dodge Freak »

All great points lluciano77 8)

It does seem to favor the larger cid engines.

I laugh if they do receive a patent since it does have much in common with some very old carbs. (but then people forget)
Ericnova
Pro
Pro

Post by Ericnova »

Seems like it might have come off the nearest branch on the Family Tree to the Predator carb to me, with its overhead "spray" bar.
lluciano77
Post by lluciano77 »

Ericnova wrote:Seems like it might have come off the nearest branch on the Family Tree to the Predator carb to me, with its overhead "spray" bar.
That is what I was thinking. It looks like a Predator carb with the adjustability of a Holley.
melsie68
Pro
Pro

Post by melsie68 »

lluciano77 wrote:I see a few possible problems with these carbs;

#5- Where is the air cleaner stud? The "bottom of the catalog" street guy with the Vortec heads is going to get a surprise after he bolts the SV1 up, and scratches his head wondering where to put the Spectre air cleaner wingnut.

#6- Does the SV1 come with a 1:1 linkage? That would be a good prank call to Pro Systems anyway.
Don't know which one of these two was funnier...! :lol: great stuff man!
1968 Camaro, tagged, insured
pump gas LS stroker 404cid
th400, 3.89 gear, drag radial, footbrake
10.110 @ 133.49, 1.455 60'

“Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” -E. Hemingway
T
Expert
Expert
Post by T »

We will have to watch and seee what happen's. I would think that if they are that great, their will be quick change on alot of cars out there...
Those big 700+ci. guy's would luv these thing's, I would think!

P.S. There will be alot of used carbs for sale here shortly.

T
wagon train

Post by wagon train »

lluciano77 wrote:
Ericnova wrote:Seems like it might have come off the nearest branch on the Family Tree to the Predator carb to me, with its overhead "spray" bar.
That is what I was thinking. It looks like a Predator carb with the adjustability of a Holley.
That was my first thought.Then I was thinking man two of those bolt on a sheetmetal intake.WOW.
While wagontrain does build all his own shit in his dirty garage, he does not claim to be an expert engine builder even though his shit always stays together and runs pretty fast for being just a dumb white kid.
Troy Patterson
Guru
Guru
Post by Troy Patterson »

Nice having it that short and all that cfm. Cool. Good idea.

Can't say how the fuel delivery bars will work or it's fuel delivery characteristics.

Troy Patterson TMPCarbs.net TMP Carbs
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

I personally know some chaps here in Adelaide that were playing around with a 4 barrel version of a holley but using this same spray bar venturi system. I must get on to them, maybe they got it sorted and sold their idea! not sure. As far as I know it was working well based on 600/750 cfm 4 barrel application.
Dont know about the off idle response on a stock 302 auto! ha ha.
Should be pretty good on big ci/rpm engine!!
Craig.