Suggestions?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Nemesis Racing

Suggestions?

Post by Nemesis Racing »

I race sprint karts and have decided to take the time and make the effort to persue sponsorship for my racing. I am working on putting together a generic proposal with demographic info and examples of how I can help a company build their brand and reach consumers for their products. I plan to use a strategy of under promising and over delivering.

Where I am having trouble is figuring out what type of companies I might approach and hope I might get some suggestions here on the forum.

Thanks for any idea's you might have for me.
LFT
Post by LFT »

Nemesis,

You can always look into the automotive field when searching for a sponsor, simply because there is a connection to auto racing. However, my advise would be to look to the places you do buisiness with. Is there a place you interact with that you can help promote? Places like restaurants, pest control services, office supply stores, etc. Remember, with sponsorship your job is to promote your sponsor and to find a way to help them. Study who you do buisiness with, prepare a proposal for their needs, and offer them an opportunity to help them out.

Also don't forget sponsorshiphelp.com. They offer several sponsorship kits and information.

Hope this helps!
Matt
Post by Matt »

Look at your demographic to start. What kind of people does the sport attract? What other things do these people need or enjoy doing?

All auto racing sports have a high demo of blue collar type middle-age males with moderate incomes.

So you might also want to check out:
Gun/Archery Shops
Temp. Employment Services
Home Builders (these guys are always big advertisers in the newspaper)
Campgrounds
Mini-Golf Courses
Local Colleges/Trade Schools
Trucking Companies - for employment
Insurance Agents
Local Banks/Credit Unions
money4speed

Re: Suggestions?

Post by money4speed »

I explain this in detail in my website... I tell you just how to go about it so your not wasting your time. Invest in yourself... it will pay off big time!
Phil Veldheer Racing
Author & Show Guest
Author & Show Guest

Re: Suggestions?

Post by Phil Veldheer Racing »

ANYTHING will work...try flipping through the yellow pages and write down anything that hits your hot button.

I have 6 race cars and 6 trailers FULL Of logos.

http://racingsecrets.com/sponsorship_coach.shtml

Phil
Phil Veldheer
78 Cutlass S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
87 442 S/Pro
69 Camaro F/CM -IHRA WORLD RECORD HOLDER
97 Firebird B/SA
99 Z-28 10.5 tire