Tulare Motorsports Complex & Kern County Raceway updates?

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Tulare Motorsports Complex & Kern County Raceway updates?

Post by JoePorting »

Anybody have the inside scope on the Tulare Motorsports Complex in Tulare, CA? Their website is:

http://www.tularemotorsport.com/

I hope it gets built, but don't think the money is there. The Riverside Motorsports Complex project in Merced, CA crashed and burned a few years back.

And what's the latest on the "Kern County Raceway" in Bakersfield, CA? I know it went through bankruptcy a few years back, but haven't heard anything since.
Joe Facciano
bluestreak
Re: Tulare Motorsports Complex & Kern County Raceway updates?

Post by bluestreak »

Well from one of my buddies,a past councilman,it was is a go.This was 2 yrs ago ? The present council
are locked 1/2 one way/other...I have heard the moneys were in,then you go find out it is the same cat
that was involved with the other 2 crashes???sooo... Like anything else.. i say we have not seen the actual
fight.IF it goes through,then the opposition will make there fight,and then crumble it or make it distant as he!!.
Believe me ill be the FIRST in line if built... but i really dont like the location.Even with a "new set up"of freeway
off/on ramps(one lol) ...it is going to cluster the area up,getting to it.

The one thing that we have going for it is that the WORLD AG EXPO grounds are next door.The expo leaders are
pushing for it cus they NEED the hotel space for the "show".Some of the big exhibitors have maid complaints about
not having close enough hotels here,having to travel to Fresno/Bakersfield...And now Wisconsin is pushing for theres.
All in all im kinda waiting on something new to read.Everything else seems to be JuSt beating around the bush .
2010 WCHRA E/Gas champion
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

I didn't think it was too smart for the Tulare Motorsports Complex plans to be built right next to a housing developement south of town. All they had to do was plan on building it two miles south down I99 and it would have been in the middle of nowhere. Just going to create more opposition. I was surprised that a "coalition of farmers and environmentalist" were against the race track. Who ever thought those two groups could agree on anything. But even if there wasn't any opposition, I still don't think the money is there.
Joe Facciano
bluestreak

Post by bluestreak »

I have heard so many different things... like i said im waiting till they start moving dirt.
Some behind the scenes ... is that one of the councilmen (Former mayor,and (lol my) high school football coach)
is kinda stirring the pot by not attending some closed meetings(screwing with some voting)and trying to lock some development $$ for a new slaughter house,that will benefit his auction yard or some $h!t.
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Well supposedly they lock in their financing. Check out:

http://www.tularemotorsport.com/PressRe ... px?PRID=11

Best news I heard about this yet. Hope it moves forward.
Joe Facciano
bluestreak

Post by bluestreak »

Ha!! ya someone mentioned this the other day to me... of course i was pessimistic.
I will get more involved when "WE" need people to "do work" . It will be A good thing for sure..
bluestreak

Post by bluestreak »

HHAAAAaaooooohhh!!! Taking a dumppp....even the AG CENTER grp seems to be giving up.
www.visaliatimesdelta.com ..go to news... fri. .... sec. one down.
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

I missed the story and can't retrieve the history. What did it say???
Joe Facciano
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Anybody heard anything about the Kern County track??? Looks like it's 70 percent done. Just been sitting there for about 3 or 4 years.
Joe Facciano
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Sierra club just won a lawsuit against the proposed track today stating the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) was incomplete. Don't understand what the Sierra club has against a race track. Not like it's going to require cutting down any trees or moving mountains. Just another example of left wing nuts telling everybody how to live...and using the courts to enforce it.
Joe Facciano
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Guess the Tulare Motorsports Complex officially went up in smoke today. The local farmers and the Sierra Club killed it. What else is new in CA. Local paper says:

When the 700-plus acre Tulare Motor Sports Complex was proposed in November 2006, opponents hoped it would never be built. Those opponents got their wish this week.

The Tulare City Council overturned all land entitlements granted in connection with the Tulare Motor Sports Complex, officially killing the plan for racetracks, hotels, shopping and more in one site south of Tulare. If the plan were to be revived, it would now have to be done from scratch.
The move follows an order from Tulare County Superior Court Judge Lloyd Hicks. In November, he sided with an environmental group who opposed the plan's environmental report, ordering city officials to halt the project. City officials had 180 days to comply with the judge's orders.
Council's action this week also voids the certification of the Environmental Impact Report and all related city approvals.
Before casting his vote, Vice Mayor Skip Barwick said he wanted to recognize the work city staff members had put into this project.
"I don't want to vote on this without acknowledging all your work [first]," he said.
The resolution was passed without opposition, on a 4-0 vote. Councilman David Macedo, a strong opponent of the project, didn't attend the meeting.
Mayor Wayne Ross said it was time to move on.
The proposal divided the city from the beginning, with those who thought it would add lots of job and tax revenue vs. those who thought in was unrealistic and wrong for Tulare's character.
When it was approved in early 2008, the motor sports complex project received 3-2 council support. Developers could never establish firm funding sources and they also battled the city over $1 million Tulare leaders fronted for the environmental report. The city was never repaid.
The motor sports project, fronted by Fresno-based developer Bud Long, proposed building a race track and residential, commercial and retail development in south Tulare near the International Agri-Center.
Joe Facciano
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

To all of those in California that misses LACR in Palmdale, I just ran into this. It's call the "AV Motorplex" project designed to replace it. Would be great if it was to be built, but doubt it will ever go beyond this website. Thanks to the people who put it together. Hope it goes beyond the website. Maybe the Sierra Club won't find out about it until it's built. :lol: :x

http://www.avmotorplex.com/av_motorplex/index.htm
Joe Facciano
bluestreak

Post by bluestreak »

That would be a nice place to put one in.
Hear they have another developer... unless its the same one lol trying in Santa Maria now.??
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Is somebody talking about putting a track in Santa Maria??? Is there a website? That would be cool. Then again, a new track anywhere in CA would be cool.
Joe Facciano
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Found the Santa Maria Motorsports Complex website:

http://santamariamotorsports.com/index.html

Looks like it has a long way to go. Is this too far west for the Sierra Club? :x
Joe Facciano