spin tech mufflers, yes or no ?

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

superstreeter

spin tech mufflers, yes or no ?

Post by superstreeter »

I need new mufflers this year, 3 1/2 inlet, I blew up the dynamax flow through ones, I was lookin at the Spin tech, has anyone tried these, I dont want to chock out the engine but I do need to have it a little quieter for the street, as for db's I dont have a comparision, but I'd like to hear what everyone has to say.........
8 sec street car
Mining4air

Re: spin tech mufflers, yes or no ?

Post by Mining4air »

May not be exactly what your looking for, but I have had a set of 2 1/2's street mufflers with a x-pipe and full tails on my car for a few years now and love the sound as well as always hearing from other people how much they love the sound of it. Cruising and part throttle they are fairly quite with no interior resonance, but under harder acceleration they make a fair amount more noise. Cant say where they are power-wise compared to anything else as I've never had anything else on it. But they dont have that empty garbage can sound of the flowmasters that so many people (like me) dont like.
Jay
Expert
Location: Los Angeles, in The People's republic of Kalifornia

Post by sc2dave »

i have one on my Toyota truck '86 22r and I like it a lot. It does not sound nothing like a fartmaster at all.
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

I am using the Magnaflow 3.5" in and 3.5" out. I like it a lot as it is not restrictive and is pretty quiet. I had a Spintech that I did not use but I do remember that is was a hefty little bugger.