nitrous on alky?

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Dirty Imp
nitrous on alky?

Post by Dirty Imp »

thoughts? anyone done it a lot here? 15.7:1 compression SBC, alky motor, thinking about hitting it with some nitrous and c16 with a separate fuel system. any thoughts?
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Re: nitrous on alky?

Post by Dave Koehler »

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Dirty Imp

Post by Dirty Imp »

Looks nice, but i have two holley 650 dp carbs on a holly prodominator tunnel ram.. any suggestions? I have a plate kit for a dual carb setup and have been thinkin about starting on a small tune up and going from there.. any expeirience with jetting on c16 over alky? Thanks again!!
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
JBV-HEADS
Pro
Pro

Post by JBV-HEADS »

I think what Dave is saying is he has a lot of time, experimentation, and the info is not for public consumption but clients only. I'm sure he uses a form of the old 297 patent as it is the best there is. Knowing the % is the real secret. Getting it there is easy. I'd work with him if you are serious about the direction you are talking about. Good luck,

Joe
Dirty Imp

Post by Dirty Imp »

well, being as i am serious about it, and haved succesfully tuned many nitrous cars on pump 93 as well as ethanol, and c16, Ill just give it a go on my own.. Im sure Dave has TONS more expierience than I in this department, but if no one wants to offer any advice Ill teach myself on my own as I have on everything else.. Its just a toy car anyways.. :lol:
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

Make sure your alcohol is as free of moisture as possible, the hardest thing about alky and nitrous is getting/keeping the alcohol atomized or you'll have dangerous lean spots and backfires. If you're strictly going to run plates I'd work on making a custom 3 bar discharge with the center one using standard V dual outlet for the nitrous, then two single outlet bars for the fuel, that way you can get 90 degree of nitrous atomizing the fuel. ;)
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl