I finally found it!

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

RW TECH
Guru
Guru

Re: I finally found it!

Post by RW TECH »

TORQUE INC wrote: Kinda why my Kreemed 78 superglide tank is still in the weeds where i threw it.
You didn't throw the bike in the weeds too did you?

If not it might look good sitting next to my '71....and sorry for the highjack.

Darrin,

There is a place over in Taylor, MI called Elden Industries that does a splended job with casting impregnation:
http://www.eldenindustries.com/

Also, my next-door neighbor is a retired engineer from GM Hydra-Matic. His final stint there was leak-detection and repair on transmission cases and FWIW he now does that same type of work at an outsource vendor.

If you would like I can ask him if he has recommendations aside from impregnation for situations like yours, where future welding is probable.
Darin Morgan
Show Guest
Show Guest

Post by Darin Morgan »

RW TECH wrote:
TORQUE INC wrote: Kinda why my Kreemed 78 superglide tank is still in the weeds where i threw it.
You didn't throw the bike in the weeds too did you?

If not it might look good sitting next to my '71....and sorry for the highjack.

Darrin,

There is a place over in Taylor, MI called Elden Industries that does a splended job with casting impregnation:
http://www.eldenindustries.com/

Also, my next-door neighbor is a retired engineer from GM Hydra-Matic. His final stint there was leak-detection and repair on transmission cases and FWIW he now does that same type of work at an outsource vendor.

If you would like I can ask him if he has recommendations aside from impregnation for situations like yours, where future welding is probable.
I have used them and others in the past but for cylinder heads they always leak again pretty quickly. I guess its the large thermal gradient that does it. From 50 to 250F is a wide spread and I guess the expansion and contraction re-cracks the resin or something along those lines. So far so good with the Kreem. Its lasted longer than the impregnation ever had. If it comes off I will just re-coat. I can put up with a little maintenance if that what it takes.
Darin Morgan
-Induction Research and Development
-EFI Calibration and Tuning
Reher Morrison Racing Engines
1120 Enterprise Place
Arlington Texas 76001
Phone 817-467-7171
Cell 682-559-0321
http://www.rehermorrison.com
Unkl Ian
Guru
Guru

Post by Unkl Ian »

Has anyone tried Master Series ?
Supposed to work in gas tanks, no idea on the viscosity.
http://www.masterseriesct.com/page8.html
Please help make Speedtalk a Troll free zone.
Abbottracingheads
Expert
Expert

Post by Abbottracingheads »

For small leaks in water jackets I have had good luck with a product called Seal All. I get it from Goodson. Fill the water jacket with it, apply light pressure to push it in the holes, then heat to 300 for 30 minutes. It has worked well for me.
Abbott Racing Heads and Engines
TORQUE INC
Pro
Pro

Post by TORQUE INC »

Nope rode half a dozen sets of tires off that 96 " Shovel....miss the beast but the new street glide aint too shabby
TORQUE RULES !!!!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Heads, waterglass.

pdq67
jsavani

Post by jsavani »

Hi Darin
I built a custom motorcycle awhile back and put in my tank cause there was so much welding done on it. Followed all instructions to apply. This tank had never had a drop of gas in it. Next thing I knew pieces were floatin everywhere.
I found out that acetone would desolve if you let it soak for days after all the bitchen I did with Kreem they told me. Went threw 6 gallons to get it all desolved and gone. I know pump gas attacks it. H20 I wouldn't think would bother it. I hope it works for heads. Sad part was I found out my tank didn't leak anyway :lol:
hdracer

Post by hdracer »

there is a major failure with Kreem in harley gas tanks. how much of it is the product and how much of it is peoples failure to follow the directions to a tee. i have never used it but have cleaned many gas tanks that it peeled from plugging the gas line.i would say this product is extremely sensitive to how it is applied if you are hoping to have any success with it
RW TECH
Guru
Guru

Post by RW TECH »

TORQUE INC wrote:Nope rode half a dozen sets of tires off that 96 " Shovel....miss the beast but the new street glide aint too shabby
I hear 'ya..LOL!!

I have an 04 Road Couch for the same reasons but will probably never cut the Shovel loose.
mojeeper

Post by mojeeper »

I restore old garden tractors and the best product i have found is the stuff from www.kbs-coatings.com , their products work on most anything.
dwilliams
Guru
Guru

Post by dwilliams »

MadBill wrote:It might help to build block off plates
I cheat by using all-thread and an old gasket and bolting two heads together face to face.
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

That's... that's WAY too easy! Especially since I still have the big steel plate I whittled out to use, one head at a time, when I did mine decades ago.. #-o
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
nasa2

Post by nasa2 »

The heads I have had a problem with, I just bolted to my BHJ torque plate. I used the diaphram rubber gasket from my flowbench slider plate. Than I made a couple of small block off plates for thye water jacket openings on the intake manifold surface. I drilled and tapped one of the plates for an air valve in order to pressurize the water glass that I had poured in. Then turned, rotated and tumbled the head while the water glass was pressurized.
Wells
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Try careful electroforming. Use powdered or shaped pieces of metal to fill the gaps first.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Big Speed
Pro
Pro

Post by Big Speed »

We have used Elden Industries hot resin impregnation with good sucess .Bill C.
Ceralli Competition Engines & Checkered Flag Machine
Racing engines , CNC head porting and induction development
http://www.checkeredflagmachine.net/