Best floor covering for car hauler

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

rskrause
Expert
Expert

Best floor covering for car hauler

Post by rskrause »

When I bought my trailer I cheaped out on the flooring. I got bare wood and just painted it. It looked fine when fresh but is impossible to keep clean. So, I want to put in a floor covering. What are pros and cons of the various materials? Vinyl is appealing, but does it last? Is there some super tough industrial grade I can get? Diamond plate seems very slippery when there is any moisture and also seems hard to keep clean due to the uneven surface. Other options or opinions?

Richard
Alan Roehrich
Guru
Guru

Re: Best floor covering for car hauler

Post by Alan Roehrich »

Black rubber coin flooring.
BCLS776
Pro
Pro

Post by BCLS776 »

Alan Roehrich wrote:Black rubber coin flooring.
I agree, but check out a sample before you buy the roll. I have seen good, grippy stuff and stuff that is so slippery when damp that you almost can't stand on it.
Bryan
583 in 225" hardtail dragster
Northern Lights Raceway
rskrause
Expert
Expert

Post by rskrause »

Thanks.
582r10
Pro
Pro

Post by 582r10 »

rskrause wrote:When I bought my trailer I cheaped out on the flooring. I got bare wood and just painted it. It looked fine when fresh but is impossible to keep clean. So, I want to put in a floor covering. What are pros and cons of the various materials? Vinyl is appealing, but does it last? Is there some super tough industrial grade I can get? Diamond plate seems very slippery when there is any moisture and also seems hard to keep clean due to the uneven surface. Other options or opinions?

Richard

There is a pretty good thread on the YB forum. Some of those guys have tried several different thing but the concrete epoxy concrete floor coatings look and work the best.

Roger
582r10
gotta paint mine too.
rskrause
Expert
Expert

Post by rskrause »

582r10 wrote:
rskrause wrote:When I bought my trailer I cheaped out on the flooring. I got bare wood and just painted it. It looked fine when fresh but is impossible to keep clean. So, I want to put in a floor covering. What are pros and cons of the various materials? Vinyl is appealing, but does it last? Is there some super tough industrial grade I can get? Diamond plate seems very slippery when there is any moisture and also seems hard to keep clean due to the uneven surface. Other options or opinions?

Richard

There is a pretty good thread on the YB forum. Some of those guys have tried several different thing but the concrete epoxy concrete floor coatings look and work the best.

Roger
582r10
gotta paint mine too.
Goitta link to that one?
uncle paul

Post by uncle paul »

We went to Sherwin Williams and got a good grade of floor paint then added in a cup of washed sand. The grit helps when the floor is wet and it is still easy to mop up.
rskrause
Expert
Expert

Post by rskrause »

uncle paul wrote:We went to Sherwin Williams and got a good grade of floor paint then added in a cup of washed sand. The grit helps when the floor is wet and it is still easy to mop up.
My problem with the paint is that it stains.

Richard