Harmonic Damper puller/installer

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

quicksilver
Harmonic Damper puller/installer

Post by quicksilver »

Im looking for another puller/installer set to replace my busted set that various "buddies" have lost most of the bolts and adapters for-

The set im looking at is the Matco MST4531 set.
Ironically, OTC has a set with the exact same part number ( 4531) and I wonder if Matco just slapped a sticker on it and raised the price.
Any insight or a "hey, thats okay but check this out" ?

I don't mind paying up to 200 for something quality that won't junk out in 5 years. I use it probably twice a week to remove and install dampers.
Mmfh

Re: Harmonic Damper puller/installer

Post by Mmfh »

OTC has tools on the Snap on, Mac, and Matco trucks with the tool truck names on them. I've seen it with many tools.

OTC make a good tuff tool that will last a long time if taken care of. I have some Snap on pullers that are very good that
are actually made by OTC, I like them a lot.

I have the Snap-On balancer puller installer and its been a good tool for years. I've had big blocks that really work the threads
on the installer. Keep the threads lubed up and it will last for many years.

Mm
quicksilver

Post by quicksilver »

I like to use the ARP "high pressure moly lube" on my pullers (the threaded portion) rather than moly grease.

What does everyone else out there use? I haven't seen any fast wear problems with the arp moly stuff.
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Post by ALKYAL »

Callies Cranks sells one that they only market. It is universal [with a few added crank adaptors] I have had mine for 15+ yrs and only bought a few repl. adaptors. It is an insataller and removal tool. Made in USA. Probably around 200.00 today. Call and ask for Don or Adam. PM me if you have a problem. Al
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly
Mmfh

Post by Mmfh »

I've been using Moly grease on my threads for years. ARP's lube is very good stuff and I bet it would last even longer/better than what I'm using.
Its expensive but I think I will give it a try.

Mm