New BG Enduro & Sumo pumps, any good?

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

la360
Expert
Expert

New BG Enduro & Sumo pumps, any good?

Post by la360 »

A local Speed Shop is having a post Xmas clearout on some BG Fuel pumps, just wondering if anyone had used the New BG King Enduro & Sumo pumps? I haven't had alot of luck with BG pumps in the past, was hoping they had their problems sorted out with these new units. Can I run the Diaphram Bypass reg with one of these pumps also?
AL...
Trev

BG 400

Post by Trev »

Dont say that
I just paid a thousand dollars for a BG 400 and 4 port regulator

Whats wrong with BG pumps
la360
Expert
Expert

Post by la360 »

They leak, motors burn out, have fuel stavation problems, the list is endless. I have known of a few people who have had trouble free life with them too, but have known of more failures
AL...
Doug Schriefer
Expert
Expert

Post by Doug Schriefer »

The tolerances are extremely tight on our pumps and regulators. If they are not installed in the proper application, or the instructions are not followed problems can occur. We get pumps back on a regular basis that have had problems due to people not following the instructions, but they neglect to mention this. If they are installed in the proper application, and the instructions, and maintenance schedules are followed we have excellent results with our products.
Doug Schriefer
tk
Show Guest
Show Guest

Re: New BG Enduro & Sumo pumps, any good?

Post by tk »

la360 wrote:A local Speed Shop is having a post Xmas clearout on some BG Fuel pumps, just wondering if anyone had used the New BG King Enduro & Sumo pumps? I haven't had alot of luck with BG pumps in the past, was hoping they had their problems sorted out with these new units. Can I run the Diaphram Bypass reg with one of these pumps also?
AL...
5 yrs BG400 and still going :)

I wouldn't cruise in town but great for 1/4 mile!
Tom K.
www.tkrace.com
tkracehead@hotmail.com

I love motorsports because all other sports require only 1 ball!

Cheap...Powerful....Reliable...Choose only 2 of the 3
charlied

BG pumps

Post by charlied »

I've had my 400 rebuilt twice, I run alcohol so every couple of years it needs it even with alky lube. The only problem I have had is paying for the pump rebuild charges: the first time I had it sent back C.O.D., I used a postal money order to pay for it, UPS lost the money order so I went and got copy and sent it again ( just for those of you that don't know, postal money orders aren't cancellable and if you get a copy and both are cashed, you're on the hook for both) Both ended up being cashed, bill collectors from ups hounded me for 8 months till they found where they had cashed the money order.

The second rebuild, I sent a check with the pump for the full amount, BG sent the pump back COD and kept the check, UPS also lost that check but BG issued me a refund.

I hope the next time comes, I can use a card.
oldhead
Expert
Expert

Post by oldhead »

Out of my many freinds B&G is returned the most.............Holley blue the least.......OLDHEAD :D :D :D :D
Quicker then most
squirt

Post by squirt »

i run the King Enduro and have had zero problems. Its an excellent pump.