How many knows what this is?

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

SWR
Guru
Guru

Re: How many knows what this is?

Post by SWR »

Pug Mi16 head I think... Inline 4, 8 ports..
-Bjørn

"Impossible? Nah...just needs more development time"
88Nightrider

Post by 88Nightrider »

Tengte først VW VR6, men så somet jeg ut... #-o
-Yngve
Norway
ProPower engines wrote:Well it you look at the difference between a Holley and a Carter carb its kinda like comparing apples to dildos not even close.
SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

janmoen wrote:Sitter i en Citroën hos meg, ellers korrekt naturligvis.
Juksa. Jeg har en sånn topp under bearbeiding i verkstedet. :lol: ...but I guess we should keep this in english or we'll see a lot of :-s around here. :lol:
-Bjørn

SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

Pug 205 for rallycross. :) Aiming for 260 bhp on E85.
-Bjørn

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

88Nightrider wrote:Tengte først VW VR6, men så somet jeg ut... #-o
My first thought was one bank of a WR16 (I have never seen the details) or maybe some straight eight from a coach. I did look through about 1000 exhaust manifolds on the German Ebay site before giving up.

Did PSA use this idea in just the one engine?
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

Kevin Johnson wrote:
My first thought was one bank of a WR16 (I have never seen the details) or maybe some straight eight from a coach. I did look through about 1000 exhaust manifolds on the German Ebay site before giving up.

AFAIK they used this style header just for the MI16-headed derivative engine going into the Citroen cars. The original Peugeot Mi16 had a header that just merged right outside the head.
-Bjørn

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

SWR wrote:
Kevin Johnson wrote:

AFAIK they used this style header just for the MI16-headed derivative engine going into the Citroen cars. The original Peugeot Mi16 had a header that just merged right outside the head.
It's pretty cool. It would be interesting to hear from Peugeot and Citroen engineers.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

janmoen wrote: SWR : That is not correct. Early MI 16 has aluminum block and exactly same head and exhaust header as the Citoën BX, Manifold on pic was in fact in fact taken from a Peugeot MI 16. I wanted one spare as they are prone to leak in the collector welds. Pic was taken after re-welding and painting. Late Mi 16 has iron block, is a 2.0 litre and has a more regular type exhaust manifold, maybe that's what you are thinking about ?
Yes, it's that one I was thinking about, I have that original "regular" header here too.. :)
-Bjørn

tonyg64

Post by tonyg64 »

As mentioned the header is from pug MI16 engine also used in citroen bx 16v. This is the ali engine 1905 cc and the later iron block was 1998 cc which had a different header. I used to have a 16v bx- great sleeper in the day :D

Tony
tonyperks

Post by tonyperks »

More horses from Maniflow Header, longer/larger tracts too, the stock item was designed to fit very close to thje rear of the block, to allow for tight fit inside engine bay, Alloy Mi16 uses two separate exhaust ports per cylinder where as the Iron Version uses conventional Single siamesed exhaust port, But both heads share the same shaped Inlet port. The Engine is a very popular Mod to fit in the 205 Gti Here in UK for rallying at club level.