Weld draglites any issues? M/T also?

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

cv67
Guru
Guru

Weld draglites any issues? M/T also?

Post by cv67 »

Wound up tossing my rallyes out today cant find a straight one.
Had one M/T with 200 mi had some separation not sure if it was due to a bad wheel or not.
So once again were on jackstands with no wheels lol. #-o

Anyway looking at some draglites as Im dont trust any rallye to be straight all made in China from what I can seee.

Any issues with these probably order from Summit?
Are they hubcentric or lug centric
jsgarage
Expert
Expert
Re: Weld draglites any issues? M/T also?

Post by jsgarage »

CV, is this for drag-racing or going around corners? Draglite centers (Centerlines too) do not like corners.... In any case I'd dial-indicate any such rims on the car. We used to say they were factory-bent right outa the box. And by shrinking a simple aluminum ring into any alloy-center wheel & countersinking the lug holes, you can convert most cheaper lug-centric types to more user-friendly hub-centrics with acorn nuts. Race wheel acorn tapers are different than street tapers, too.
Paddy1337
Re: Weld draglites any issues? M/T also?

Post by Paddy1337 »

cuisinartvette wrote:Wound up tossing my rallyes out today cant find a straight one.
Had one M/T with 200 mi had some separation not sure if it was due to a bad wheel or not.
So once again were on jackstands with no wheels lol. #-o

Anyway looking at some draglites as Im dont trust any rallye to be straight all made in China from what I can seee.

Any issues with these probably order from Summit?
Are they hubcentric or lug centric
Lug centric and use shank style lugnuts.

I had custom wheel adapters made for my vehicle with a huge hub centric ring that matched the advertized wheel bore diameter. From what I can tell, it has worked fine, I KNOW the hub is tight because it's some work getting the wheels on. I just really dislike the shank lugnuts.

Lastly, I have gotten a little wobble in the steering wheel at around 140mph. I only drag race them. But I really can't say it's the wheel... clearance on my car was tough, and the stick-on wheel weights mostly got ripped off by my tie-rod ends when i turn about half lock. I run them on all 4 wheels (AWD car), and aside from fitment issues from me going wide on the wheels, I can't really complain. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong, they're cheaper than tires.