Beadlock wheels

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

toolmakeron
Pro
Pro

Beadlock wheels

Post by toolmakeron »

I was told that you can get beadlocks done to your wheels. I saw some 4X4 stuff with Google. Anyone know about this, or who does it? Summit sells some kind of DIY kit.Any good ? Kinda looks iffy to me, but this is the first time I've heard of it. I have some Convo Pros 15X15, for my race car, that I might get done, if it's reasonably priced. Any suggestions,, or where to get good info . Thanks guys Ron
Custombalancing.com
We Make Honey Out of Dogshit*
* some conditions apply.
ZIGGY
Guru
Guru

Re: Beadlock wheels

Post by ZIGGY »

Very common with dirt circle track racers. Just cut the outside wheel rim off and weld the beadlock base on. Wheels often get beaten to sh*t in short track racing and after they've been straightened a few times, get pretty ragged, so good way to economize. Obviously keeping the wheel straight & round & leak free while welding all the way around the circumference is the concern. Also, like anything else, not all kits are the same quality. The difference is apparent if you compare. I like Sandler among others. Check http://www.speedwaymotors.com. For really serious max effort racing, I prefer to use wheels manufactured with beadlocks.

Also, dirt racers can tell you how to circumvent "no beadlock" rules if need be.
BirdMan
Expert
Expert

Post by BirdMan »

What is the application? Dirt, drag, 4x4, off road? It may help to narrow things down!
Dale C.
toolmakeron
Pro
Pro

Post by toolmakeron »

Sorry, I forgot to say these are for drag racing. Thanks for any help guys Ron
Custombalancing.com
We Make Honey Out of Dogshit*
* some conditions apply.
BirdMan
Expert
Expert

Post by BirdMan »

Champion Wheels do yours or sell you new ones.
Dale C.
23Root

Post by 23Root »

in circle track we dont even care if they leak :D
mcolley

Post by mcolley »

Call Tommy Kirk at MacFab. They do excellent work on conversions. I would in no way recommend DIY beadlocks for a drag application.

http://www.beadlockconversions.com/

877-622-3221
598 BIG RAT

Post by 598 BIG RAT »

I have beadlocked several sets of Drag slicks it is a simple fix.
Summit or jeggs sell a kit with a wheel pattern with set drill holes.(16 screws depending on which kit you buy). Drill the holes and
install the screws in the kit. Make sure you have about 20 to 25 pnds of air in your tires.
R.C.
598 BIG RAT

Post by 598 BIG RAT »

I donr know what type of wheels and tires you have, but most folks cant afford $1000 beadlocks.
The kit i mentioned above is a good alternative to the beadlock intall kit.
If you are going to go with the fancy wheels buy the wheels with the beadlock already on them for around $700 to $900 a wheel.
R.C.
rebelyank

Post by rebelyank »

MRT.wheels.com. Marsh Racing Tires has been around for ages they build wheels and sell and install beadlock kits for oval, drag and 4X4 applications. They are actually the only company I know who would warranty circle track wheels for damage reasons. They do or did sell carbon fiber wheels as well for the weight conscious and they are VERY hard to break.