3pc. Wheel Center Forged Blanks

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

chimpvalet
Pro
Pro
3pc. Wheel Center Forged Blanks

Post by chimpvalet »

Looking to have custom wheel centers of my design, probably 3 sets, made to fit early BBS race wheels. Overall diameter around 12", total depth around 3" from highest outer point to hub face. Anyone know of: A) a reliable firm for small volume work of this sort; and B) where to find forged aluminum blanks for these if machining is done locally.
Thanks,
Steve
chimpvalet
Pro
Pro
Re: 3pc. Wheel Center Forged Blanks

Post by chimpvalet »

Long hang-time for this thread without some response. Anybody know of a firm in California called Aluminum Precision Products? Their website claims they manufacture centers for 2 and 3 piece wheels, but no details are to be found.
Steve
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

http://www.aluminumprecision.com/capabi ... ed-wheels/

When I was selling chemicals I would get many inquiries from people interested in small quantities of products. I would generally refer them to one of our existing customers who were either making a finished product that was essentially what the enquiry was about or who would be willing to sell a pound or two. We had a voracious markup on small quantities (for us, a five gallon pail).

Try contacting them and perhaps they have a customer that can help you out.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
chimpvalet
Pro
Pro

Post by chimpvalet »

Thanks Kevin, that looks like the way to proceed.
Steve