strange double adj shocks on G-Body (HELP)

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

598 BIG RAT

strange double adj shocks on G-Body (HELP)

Post by 598 BIG RAT »

i can't seem to get the car to come to a level ride height from side to side.
I screw the spanner nut up and one side of the nut is higher on one side by 2 inches.
we weighed the car and the numbers look like this at ten inches of ride height measured from the
factory spring pockets with 10 inch tall pipes. l.f.999 - r.f. 846 front tot 1845. l.r. 661 - r.r. 718 rear tot 1379

how in the world do you fix this weight problem without lifting the spanner nut 2 to 3 inches higher on one side?
We put the double adjustable strange coil over shocks on and got these numbers after going up on the spanner nut 2 to 3 inches on one side.
l.f.971 - r.f. 870 - l.r. 669 - r.r. 714

Any help would surely be appreciated.
Thanks R.C.
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Re: strange double adj shocks on G-Body (HELP)

Post by cgarb »

What does it have for rear suspension?
598 BIG RAT

Post by 598 BIG RAT »

It is all stock location with upper and lower double adjustable with a drag link(ARB).All the control arm boxes and frame rails have been boxed and braced.
today I set the spanner nuts to the same on the shock tubes carefully documenting where i had them.
now the car is setting way to high on the drivers side.
The way i had them set the car launched a little to the left but went straight with a little peddle.
I guess i will try to reset the shock down and try the top right control arm and see if that straightens it out.
RC
598 BIG RAT

Post by 598 BIG RAT »

598 BIG RAT wrote:It is all stock location with upper and lower double adjustable with a drag link(ARB).All the control arm boxes and frame rails have been boxed and braced.
today I set the spanner nuts to the same on the shock tubes carefully documenting where i had them.
now the car is setting way to high on the drivers side.
The way i had them set the car launched a little to the left but went straight with a little peddle.
I guess i will try to reset the shock down and try the top right control arm and see if that straightens it out.
RC
the rear end is a back braced 9" from strange engineering with a full spool and 4.88 pro gears
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

G frames are notorious for being a "wet noodle". [My experience is w/ Regals]. Does the car have a cage in it? If so, was the frame checked for being straight, before the cage was welded in?
Were the body mounts changed B4?
Chuck L.
Hotrodding since 1955.
Injector Inspector.
Turbo Buicks in the 9's...