Looking for new custom painter & airbrush artist

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

Bram Stroker

Looking for new custom painter & airbrush artist

Post by Bram Stroker »

Looking for an airbrush artist / car painter to fix (repaint) my drag car. I had it recently done but it was not what was agreed to nor wanted. I have to get it all repainted and new airbrush artwork done.

This is a 1972 Camaro setup for drag racing. The theme is B-17s of WWII. It is dedicated to my dad's bomber group, the 351st out of Polebrook England, from 1942-1945. All four squadrons are represented in the tribute.

The work done on it was supposed to be airbrushed (as in "art") but instead it was decaled/stenciled and then clearcoated before I even saw and approved it all. Needless to say the place/guy that botched it won't fix or refund the $15,440 that was paid for the paint job. So looking for someone to redo and do it right.

Any ideas or recommendations for a reputable and quality artist/shop? I am in the WA area but am not opposed to out of state for the right person.
Bram Stroker

Re: Looking for new custom painter & airbrush artist

Post by Bram Stroker »

I was more looking for actual referrals from people that have used the person/shop before and have personal experience with their work.

Thanks anyway though.
Bram Stroker

Post by Bram Stroker »

The job I am looking to get redone and fixed (done right) is at http://ruinedcarpaint.com/ that shows the condition of the car now and what all needs to be repainted. Pretty much the entire car, helmet, etc.
Bram Stroker

Post by Bram Stroker »

I'm surprised at the lack of referrals for some custom painters. I've gotten a few PMs but not what I am looking for.
Any members here have good recommendation(s) for quality airbrush and painters that are honest and can be trusted for a top quality job ?
amc fan
Expert
Expert

Post by amc fan »

airflairart.com 610-952-437 Fritz Yoos the guy is an artist if you look on his website at portraits he can paint your dad or uncle right on it! He put Casper the ghost on my friends dads street rod it looked awesome!
Bram Stroker

Post by Bram Stroker »

Thanks, I'll take a look. Although PA is about as far from me as it gets.
kkustomz

Post by kkustomz »

Here two great airbrush artist here in TX that I would recommend for what you are looking for and if you want something done right. Most of these guys will travel if the money is right, Rob Churchill https://www.facebook.com/All-Things-Bad ... ?pnref=lhc Darrel Wenzel https://www.facebook.com/darren.wenzel. ... hc.friends if you need contact numbers let me know.
Bram Stroker

Post by Bram Stroker »

Thanks. I'll check them out.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

you need to take the clown that did that work to court, to get your money back, plus to pay for all damages he caused by being a hack.
Bram Stroker

Post by Bram Stroker »

In the process of doing just that. But it is time consuming and yet another cost involved. A law suit of this magnitude is never as easily as a person would like it to be.

And regardless of the outcome I'll never get that time back nor the huge hassles that were done during this process. I'll be lucky to recoup half my expenses due to the current limitations of suits in WA State.