Too Many New SB Chevy Engines!

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Matthew777
Too Many New SB Chevy Engines!

Post by Matthew777 »

I am in the process of a ground up rebuild on a 1965 Chevy 1/2 ton truck. I race at the same track as DV and often help out with whatever he may be testing and often see him because I live not to far from his place.. I asked him about a spec for a low buck build for a 375-400 hp high torque motor for my truck which he gave me. I built this engine with the recommend EQ heads suggested and a short cam. For firs the first time ever, I dyno tested it. The result was 434 lbs-ft and just a tad under 400 hp. Great, but it did produce a problem, I got the bug for building another as per DV 's guidlines. I now have two engines for this truck and a third is on the way. The second engine looks like a show piece. It's still a 350 but with some Edelbrock aluminum heads ported as per DV's instructions. (never ported any heads before) This build made 442 lbs-ft and 421 hp with a cam only about 168 degrees long. The chassis work has barely moved an inch so all this engine building must stop at this next one which will almost surely be a 383.. So here is the situation. I need to get rid of two engines and I can let them go at what's in them for parts. If anyone wants to replicate the builds I an quite happy to go through all the moves made on these two easy to build engines if the interest is here.

Just give me the word and I will go for it.
If you want a complete engine PM me
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Re: Too Many New SB Chevy Engines!

Post by Warp Speed »

:shock:
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

Super charge the next one...
dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 »

WOW...
gottago

Post by gottago »

M777 Where abouts are you located?
ap72
Guru
Guru

Post by ap72 »

Matthew777 wrote:I am in the process of a ground up rebuild on a 1965 Chevy 1/2 ton truck. I race at the same track as DV and often help out with whatever he may be testing and often see him because I live not to far from his place.. I asked him about a spec for a low buck build for a 375-400 hp high torque motor for my truck which he gave me. I built this engine with the recommend EQ heads suggested and a short cam. For firs the first time ever, I dyno tested it. The result was 434 lbs-ft and just a tad under 400 hp. Great, but it did produce a problem, I got the bug for building another as per DV 's guidlines. I now have two engines for this truck and a third is on the way. The second engine looks like a show piece. It's still a 350 but with some Edelbrock aluminum heads ported as per DV's instructions. (never ported any heads before) This build made 442 lbs-ft and 421 hp with a cam only about 168 degrees long. The chassis work has barely moved an inch so all this engine building must stop at this next one which will almost surely be a 383.. So here is the situation. I need to get rid of two engines and I can let them go at what's in them for parts. If anyone wants to replicate the builds I an quite happy to go through all the moves made on these two easy to build engines if the interest is here.

Just give me the word and I will go for it.
If you want a complete engine PM me

168 degrees? I assume you meant 268?
LOL, according to the post count I'm an "expert." The only thing I'm an expert at is asking questions.
boogie
Pro
Pro

Post by boogie »

On your third engine and chassis work has barely moved an inch?
claysmoker

Post by claysmoker »

Sounds like serious engine building disease! Glad you're having fun. :D
groberts101
Guru
Guru

Post by groberts101 »

168°@.050?.. I thought april fools was all done with. That's even shorter than a stock cam and you surely must have used the 128# to build em'. :shock:

And just imagine if you'd have used a longer cam like the rest of us have to run based on the laws of physics. A typical street cam of 220°@.050 would have surely been over 600 horsepower. Might be a good time to start filling out the application for the engine masters competitions. =D>
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

groberts101 wrote:168°@.050?.. I thought april fools was all done with. That's even shorter than a stock cam and you surely must have used the 128# to build em'. :shock:

And just imagine if you'd have used a longer cam like the rest of us have to run based on the laws of physics. A typical street cam of 220°@.050 would have surely been over 600 horsepower. Might be a good time to start filling out the application for the engine masters competitions. =D>
A little late for a April 1 joke, but I like the part about the laws of physics :D
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

If you are after BIG power, then I would look no farther than one of Mr. V's 460/468 or 496/505 BBC's and get on with it.

My about 9.5 to 1 CR'd "tow-truck" 496 per D2k should make 550hp at 5500 rpm and 580t at 4500 rpm so it really is a mild engine imho.

pdq67
Matthew777

Post by Matthew777 »

Sorry meant Comp Cam 252 @ 108 lobe center line
Matthew777

Post by Matthew777 »

DSC05610-A (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.