Tech questions that don't fit above forums
- Posts: 98
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:02 am
I've disassembled the '70's era GM power window mechanism from my '79 Lotus and ask what lube would be best for the regulator gear and motor pinion bush points. I figure a light oil for the nylon track rollers.
- Posts: 976
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:53 am
- Location: Yorkville, Illinois (60 miles SW of Chicago)
I like white assembly grease for the rollers, and whatever grease you stick in the motor is way better than petrified 1979 grease.
Walter R. Malik
- Posts: 3868
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am
- Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Something with paraffin in it.
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:18 am
- Location: Central Alberta
Fluid film is what I use.
- Posts: 135
- Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:30 pm
I have been told to use Loctite Viper Lube