Looking for a Sedri 57 tool holder

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

kkustomz
Looking for a Sedri 57 tool holder

Post by kkustomz »

I am looking for a #57 tool holder that is used for holding counterbore cutters. This is not the same as the tool holder used for multi angle seat work. Looking to see if there are any good used ones out there before I buy new.

Here is a link to it on Serdi's website
http://www.serdimachines.com/catalog/in ... 20S57%20MC

Thanks, Keith
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Re: Looking for a Sedri 57 tool holder

Post by PackardV8 »

Don Dennis
(425) 766-1619
sometimes has loose tooling available.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
buck
Expert
Expert

Post by buck »

The serdi milling heads fit on the standard 5100 holder. All you need is a small shim to go on the flat for locking the set screws down. Buying another tool is unnecessary.
BMR @ Facebook
kkustomz

Post by kkustomz »

Do you mean two pieces that would look almost like a woodruff key cut in half? The set screws hit dead center on the edge of a standard holder and I would prefer to not to retighten the set screws after each seat like I have been doing. Thanks
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Sound like there is an underlying vibration issue you need to solve. Unless the tool holder you have now do not fit the ball driver tight enough.

If you are using a small tool holder and are running out of pilot room use a shorter bounce spring and use a spacer with a notch cut in 1 side to allow the cutter to miss the spring. the other option with small valve heads with limited chamber clearance is an off set cutter. I get them from Newen or they can be had from Goodson in the HP cutter section. They are limited in selection but if you have the basic blueprint of the cutter send it to Pascal at Newen and they can supply something the same of similar for your needs
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors