are guys cutting 3 ange to valves & whats the cost

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

gunt
Expert
Expert
are guys cutting 3 ange to valves & whats the cost

Post by gunt »

Hi

So I dropped of a set of heads and asked for the 3 angle valve job exhaust throats to be opened 1mm and back cut , said no problem he's got the newan bb. any way collected all , went to install the new springs valves stem seals and seats look good but he decided not to open up the exhaust , and only 45deg on the valves , no back cut either . what is the run of the mill pricing for doing the job correctly to finish it and cut all the relevant angles into the valves , say 16v heads or am i wrong and this is not normally cried out , I am aiming to do our own heads here in the future but what is the general cost and or is it really a nonprofit procedure [ pain in the ass ]

Cheers
superpursuit
Pro
Pro
Re: are guys cutting 3 ange to valves & whats the cost

Post by superpursuit »

You should post this in "Engine Tech" not here. It is not really relevant in the "Classifieds". You should get your question answered in the Engine Tech section.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

gunt wrote:Hi

So I dropped of a set of heads and asked for the 3 angle valve job exhaust throats to be opened 1mm and back cut , said no problem he's got the newan bb. any way collected all , went to install the new springs valves stem seals and seats look good but he decided not to open up the exhaust , and only 45deg on the valves , no back cut either . what is the run of the mill pricing for doing the job correctly to finish it and cut all the relevant angles into the valves , say 16v heads or am i wrong and this is not normally cried out , I am aiming to do our own heads here in the future but what is the general cost and or is it really a nonprofit procedure [ pain in the ass ]

Cheers

repost in SHOP TECH
There will be many replies this is the wrong area for this stuff
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
gunt
Expert
Expert

Post by gunt »

SORRY
How do i swop it over
gunt