Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Re: 2017 Engine Masters ???

Post by Adger Smith »

Barry, You were supposed to be there that day (Wed.) for Pre Tech and Carting of your engine.
Had you planned on skipping that?
Your engine had to be on the dyno over night Wednesday night because you were first on Thursday by the old schedule.
Now you are all on Wednesday. Carting and Pre Tech and Running.
I really don't see your extra travel or hotel expense.
With all your testing and work You must be too tired to think that through.
Glad you got it done and will be there.

It is the same situation for the Adams/Smithberg entry except they went from First Tuesday to late Monday.
They would have had to hang on the dyno overnight Monday night, too
now they will be Carted, Pre Tech and run on Monday.
Same situation for Joe Griffin of Griffin Motorsports. He moved from first on Wed to later on Tuesday.
Adger Smith
Adger Smith Performance Engines
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
adgersperf@aol.com e-mail
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Adger Smith wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:29 am Barry, You were supposed to be there that day (Wed.) for Pre Tech and Carting of your engine.
Your engine had to be on the dyno over night Wednesday night because you were first on Thursday by the old schedule.

It is the same situation for the Adams/Smithberg entry except they went from First Tuesday to late Monday.
Same situation for Joe Griffin of Griffin Motorsports. He moved from first on Wed to later on Tuesday.
Adger, what you and others there don't seem to realize, is that only the team leaders needed to be there ahead of time.
The rest of the team members did not need to be there and already worked their own schedules to comply ... that planning means nothing anymore.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
atp_andrewp

Post by atp_andrewp »

I am part of the Adams/Smithberg team. We have 4 people flying in from California on Sunday. And a sponsor who was flying in Monday night to watch it run on Tuesday morning who is now having to change everything. It already felt rushed to be flying in Sunday to get there Monday and get our engine carted, reassemble what had to be disassembled for crating. Make sure nothing is damaged or broken from shipping and be ready for Tuesday. But now Nick and his dad will be trying to do all of that on Sunday while the rest of us hopefully get in on time. On top of that I leave tomorrow morning at 3am California time, drive an hour and half, fly 6, layover for 3 fly 1.5 hrs and then drive over 2 hrs again to get to the hotel at hopefully 9-10pm Ohio time...hopefully, which is pretty much the only way to affordable get to Lima, but it's an exhausting trip to say the least. Then be there first thing the next morning to thrash and make sure it's perfect to then run that day? It's just a real bummer to be faced with that after months of already thrashing like crazy. Layering on another aspect of stress that really isn't deserved or expected. Having that night before we run was going to be a good time to relax, reset and think clearly about our plan while in the dyno, having that night of downtime is huge, but not anymore.

At this point it would at least seem better to ask if there are people more able to fill the early positions instead of just shifting them. I understand all this is not intentional, and I am sure you are in a tough position with this no matter how it's broken down, but it is definitely very inconveinent for us and at this point we have no options to change anything, we just have to hope we get there in enough time to make it all happen.

Andrew Peterson
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

Adger Smith wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:29 am Barry, You were supposed to be there that day (Wed.) for Pre Tech and Carting of your engine.

I was planning on driving in Wednesday A.M. - no big deal at all being just a few hours away. I just assumed that the "24 hours rule" was still applicable and that my engine now needed to be on site Tuesday afternoon.

Might be better off having it there a day early either way.

Is there anything I or the other folks that are closer can do to help the Smithberg/Adams schedule? Their deal is a lot harder to flex.
Survival Motorsports
www.survivalmotorsports.com

WD for Comp, Manley, Blue Thunder, Diamond
Probe, Holley, Clevite, Federal-Mogul, Scat....
Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Post by Adger Smith »

We are reverting to the original schedule. Disregard the new scedule that was posted. There will be a hole in the schedule where Ted Eaton pulled out.
Adger Smith
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Post by Adger Smith »

Sorry it took so long to correct, but I couldn't get the Bosses to respond. I figured it was going to cause problems when I was told to do it. RJ & I are now on site in Lima to start the Pre Tech.
Adger Smith
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
kid7755
Pro
Pro

Post by kid7755 »

Maybe the bosses will realize one day that Adger and RJ should run that show
RAMM
Expert
Expert

Post by RAMM »

Sure am missing the excitement this year. Too bad about that rocker rule in Traditional Muscle as I have a perfectly eligible 360 Mopar with Edelbrock RPM heads ready to go. I wish everyone good luck at this years EMC--I pray that the coverage is far better than last year for those of us watching from afar. J.Rob
New and improved website under construction.Check the blog for relevant info
http://skmfxengines.blogspot.com/
SMITHBERGRACING
Guru
Guru

Post by SMITHBERGRACING »

My father and I hauled ass to Lima today not knowing of the change today. We just arrived after a 12 hour drive straight through! Would like to personally thank Adger and Randy for letting us back where we originally were. We have folks from all over the country to watch and be apart of our crew (sponsors as well) from California, Nebraska, and from Georgia. Again thank you for working with us, we all greatly appreciate it.
kid7755
Pro
Pro

Post by kid7755 »

Cool. Welcome to Ohio Nick! Just so you know it was like 90 degrees before you got here. Thank you very little. :lol:
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

kid7755 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:24 pm Maybe the bosses will realize one day that Adger and RJ should run that show
Something like that would certainly be a welcome change ...
ENGINE BUILDING people making those final days decisions on any changes which affect every entry would seem more sensible.
Those who have competed somewhere, actually experienced and know what the builders must go through to be able to get respectable engines there in a competitive condition.

Now, for about 6 hours sleep to be there tomorrow morning.

http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

Is there any way for those of us on the sidelines to keep up on how the competition is progressing?
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

Looks like they had the big unveil for Nick and Gene's Hemi :D
-Bob
Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Post by Adger Smith »

There's live video of each competitor on HOT ROD's Facebook page. We'll post updates daily on HOTROD.com.
Adger Smith
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
Carroll
Pro
Pro

Post by Carroll »

Can someone at the event post the scores.
Thanks Joe C