Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: 4.6250 piston in a stock 350 block

Post by GARY C »

blykins wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:59 pm I only know what I personally see here on the forum.

As I mentioned before, I don't see how Speed Talk is any one man's advertising venue. There are tons of other guys who are as knowledgeable or more so, who pop on here to help non-professionals and don't advertise services or parts for sale out in the open.
Same here, if an engine builder post an engine build with dyno results he has just advertised even though you don't see it that way. If he doesn't post that then people like me have no way of knowing what is possible or knowing who is out their producing good results for me to choose who I would go to for info or a build!

Oddly enough the EMC thread doesn't get bashed even though it is 100% advertising and promotes 80% of professional engine builder getting some of the best advertising available.

The fact is whether you want to admit it are not this issue only comes up when David Vizard's name is in the thread and it has been that way years before he joined this forum (do a search) except back then everyone bashed anyone that stood up for him and dogged him for not coming on here and speaking for him self, now that he is hear the bitch is that he's advertising.

If he quits posting the bitch will be that he bailed out and couldn't take it!

The fact is it's not your forum and it's not mine and if Don has an issue with Davids post that is his prerogative to address David on that. They do know each other so he will if he chooses to but the 4th grade comments and complaining and guys attacking peoples threads to demean them make me and other have no desire to post anything HERE!

And sadly the RUDE remarks only seem to come from the guy that or supposedly the top of the food chain, all us pee on's that are here to learn are Here to learn.

To me it is actually sad when the guys that are suppose to be intelligent can't counter anything with data so they resort to childish comments and rolly eyes and laughy faces, I wouldn't even consider that acceptable from my children!

But it does expose who they are and diminishes anything factual they may present and thats bad for the forum and them!
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
The Radius Kid
Expert
Expert

Post by The Radius Kid »

GARY C wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:26 am
And sadly the RUDE remarks only seem to come from the guy that or supposedly the top of the food chain, all us pee on's that are here to learn are Here to learn.

To me it is actually sad when the guys that are suppose to be intelligent can't counter anything with data so they resort to childish comments and rolly eyes and laughy faces, I wouldn't even consider that acceptable from my children!

But it does expose who they are and diminishes anything factual they may present and thats bad for the forum and them!

Good point.
There's a lot of keyboard cowboys out there just waiting to lasso somebody.
The Nazis didn't lose WWII,they just changed uniforms.Now they run the place.
kimosabi
Pro
Pro

Post by kimosabi »

Why put so much into it? It's the internet. People do shit online they would never do face to face. It's just the nature of the beast. Sad but true.
user-23911

Post by user-23911 »

The best form of compliment is when all the idiots are trying to put you down all the time.

So the more idiots.........the better you are.?

Going back to 1980 ish........I'd hang out at the book shops........find a book by DV.........Magic.
Read it....put it back, come back , buy it.

Bought it .......loaned it out to a mate, never seen it again.

So if some clown is trying to put you down..........It's due to the water, chemtrails, being murican?

Being a brit in murica might be a clue?
Last edited by user-23911 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

kimosabi wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:47 am Why put so much into it? It's the internet. People do shit online they would never do face to face. It's just the nature of the beast. Sad but true.
Thats true with most people but I am pretty much a D!(k in person to. :D
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

Wow Gary, you are a prick! :D
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

RevTheory wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:05 am Wow Gary, you are a prick! :D
Shhh don't tell anyone. 8)
Please Note!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

This crap still alive?

Geez!!

pdq67
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

joe 90 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:20 am The best form of compliment is when all the idiots are trying to put you down all the time.

So the more idiots.........the better you are.?

Going back to 1980 ish........I'd hang out at the book shops........find a book by DV.........Magic.
Read it....put it back, come back , buy it.

Bought it .......loaned it out to a mate, never seen it again.

So if some clown is trying to put you down..........It's due to the water, chemtrails, being murican?

Being a brit in murica might be a clue?
murica, is that near ethiopia! [-X
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

No. Never seen a map? First day on the internet? People have been calling USA "Murica" for years.

Still. We ain't in Africa. You know that's where Ethiopia is, right?

As many hater as DV has here, he must be doing something right.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
kimosabi
Pro
Pro

Post by kimosabi »

Hater or lovers. Then you have the majorit who don't really care who is who. A poster is a poster, what's in that post matters most.

That rhyme is free y'all. Got more.

So where's the piston at Schmidt?
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:27 am No. Never seen a map? First day on the internet? People have been calling USA "Murica" for years.

Still. We ain't in Africa. You know that's where Ethiopia is, right?

As many hater as DV has here, he must be doing something right.
this is AMERICA! only punk azzed kids and people with zero respect call this country murica!
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

kimosabi wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:58 am Hater or lovers. Then you have the majorit who don't really care who is who. A poster is a poster, what's in that post matters most.

That rhyme is free y'all. Got more.

So where's the piston at Schmidt?
There isn't one. This thread is another hit-piece from someone who's supposed to be a grown-ass adult who just couldn't sit on his hands for a few days to see what Vizard was talking about.
leahymtsps
Pro
Pro

Post by leahymtsps »

GLHS60 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 pm This thread has become confusing...

Did the OPer state a 350 SBC or just a 350??

Could it be in a single cylinder 350 cc Engine with a 4.625' bore??

What would be the stroke??

"20.8 in would get you close"

Tom
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

GLHS60 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 pm This thread has become confusing...

Did the OPer state a 350 SBC or just a 350??

Could it be in a single cylinder 350 cc Engine with a 4.625' bore??

What would be the stroke??

Thanks
Randy
1.271316"

117.475 mm
32.29142 mm
349.9999 c's

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software