***Post Pics of what you are working on**

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Re: ***Post Pics of what you are working on**

Post by KnightEngines »

Mag - nah it'll live. Stock crank is good for 2000-2200hp.
Has crower billet rods, mains girdle & l19 studs, grout fill, custom SPS pistons etc.
Its built to take 40psi from a 105mm turbo.......

Will be street driven on e85 & raced on meth.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

KnightEngines wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:20 pm Another billet EJ25 all machined up & ready to go to customer for assembly, Willal Racing WREJBB block, Manley 2.5 billet crank, Manley Turbo Tuff I beams, Manley slugs, ACL race brgs etc - good for 1000hp:

ImageDSC00769 by tony knight, on Flickr

"Sleeper" cheby, stock 4 bolt vortech block, 388 cubes, ported Pro topline iron heads, ported vic jnr, 262/270 on 107 Crane street roller etc, pump fuel engine, just waiting on cam, dyno in a couple of weeks:

ImageDSC00770 by tony knight, on Flickr
Tony,
looks like some nice stuff going through your shop!!!
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

cspeier wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:35 pm I'm building a wall to separate dirty/clean. I would absolutely hate to be building my shop right now. Must be all the natural disasters we have had. My, how lumber took a hike! First of the year, 2x4 stud was $1.59.. Saturday at the same place $3.89... crazy

I think it's all the duties thrown unto the Canadian lumber dispute.
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

IMG_20171020_53247.jpg
Building a stroker SFB ,,, i was looking at piston and rod (4.020" bore x 4.25" stroke) and just out of interest weighed it compared to this 440 Chrysler piston and pin. !!! The 440 piston and pin weigh in at the same as the sbf stroker piston, pin, rings and rod minus the cap and bolts!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig.
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

1019171815a_HDR.jpg
Last minute texture experiments on my ported 65 289 heads. Very interesting. Top intake, bottom exhaust.Thanks, Charlie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Charlie, I know you are just experimenting so I have a question and thought on those valve backsides. Isn't that rough up on the exhaust valve going to possibly create an easier surface for carbon to buildup on and possibly lead to a net loss of possible flow after running for some time? My experience on exhausts is that the most flow increase or efficiency is created when the exhaust is smooth and buildup is kept to a minimum. Try flowing an exhaust port with carbon buildup on an exhaust valve versus a clean smooth exhaust backside and you might be surprised. Just an observation and thought.
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

I had another conversation very similar recently. To me carbon buildup tends to be from excess guide clearance or a/f ratio or a combination of both. Will flow and power lessen over use? Probably. I used highly polished exhaust ports, valves and chambers for a long time and after a few years of use and abuse ( usually with nylon valve seals) plenty buildup on valves and exhaust port even some in the intake due to reversion. I still feel it is worth studying. Thanks Charlie
631-816-4911
stealth
Guru
Guru

Post by stealth »

9A809468-498B-4F4C-9FCC-1EC446991DE8.jpeg
Rick Finsta
Pro
Pro

Post by Rick Finsta »

Yeesh - I'm still not sure if I'm going to do my own cage or not. Everybody is an Instagram TIG hero until they are hanging upside down and working the foot pedal with their knee! For the $1200-1500 difference between materials and having it done by a reputable local shop... not sure if my time is worth it.

Anyways, I just finished up dry decking a cylinder head. No worries about pushing water now! Block will get CNC inserts pressed in and I'm not 100% sure how we'll plumb the water.

Before welding, plugs in place.

After welding.
Mike Gallo, President
Protohawk - Design/Prototyping, Small Project Support, and Contract Manufacturing
CCA Racing Products - Torque Plates and Engine Rebuild Tooling
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Rick, Twin cooling systems, cool head, hot block!
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

GARY C wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:27 am
David Vizard wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:15 am Charlie,

I am about to invest in some new die grinders.Can you tell me exactly what you are using please??

Also if I szend them down to you can you train them so they produce the same results as you do???????????????????????????????????

DV
David, I have this Makita that I used on one runner and didn't like it, it is variable speed via a dial on the end of it, if you want to try it I will send it to ya, if you like it can have it if not you can pass it on to someone who does.

I like my foredom, it is much more manageable.
Gary,

I would love to take you up on that offer. I still have a ways to go to get finishes like some of the guys showing what can be done here.

Thanks a bunch.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

David Vizard wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:09 pm
GARY C wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:27 am
David Vizard wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:15 am Charlie,

I am about to invest in some new die grinders.Can you tell me exactly what you are using please??

Also if I szend them down to you can you train them so they produce the same results as you do???????????????????????????????????

DV
David, I have this Makita that I used on one runner and didn't like it, it is variable speed via a dial on the end of it, if you want to try it I will send it to ya, if you like it can have it if not you can pass it on to someone who does.

I like my foredom, it is much more manageable.
Gary,

I would love to take you up on that offer. I still have a ways to go to get finishes like some of the guys showing what can be done here.

Thanks a bunch.
DV
Cool, I will give you a call to confirm the shipping address I have for you, I also have a somewhat variable speed foot pedal I will send with it, If you find yourself cursing while destroying it with a hammer as I thought about I hope you will post the video. :)
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

If that grinder and pedal get there before the dyno shootout I can texture valves or ports for a back to back runs. Piece of cake, anyone can do it. Thanks, Charlie
631-816-4911
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Carnut1 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:32 pm If that grinder and pedal get there before the dyno shootout I can texture valves or ports for a back to back runs. Piece of cake, anyone can do it. Thanks, Charlie
How long do I have?
Please Note!
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

I don't have an exact date. I hope in a few weeks.
631-816-4911