Chevy trick flow twisted wedge heads

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

68post

Re: Chevy trick flow twisted wedge heads

Post by 68post »

rfoll wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:47 am I have a set of guide plates I have no use for if anyone is interested.
Are they TF gen 1 , or ... ? !
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

I don't know which Twisted wedge head they came from. I got them in a box of sbc parts that included a nice set of rockers. I have the bolts too. I could post some pics if anyone is really serious. The bolts and guide plates don't work with anything else, but I couldn't bring myself too toss them.
So much to do, so little time...
alamk1

Post by alamk1 »

I bought a set of these in 1995,and ran them on a 350.

I ran a Performer RPM,Comp 280 Magnum,and the El Cheapo 600 vacuum secondary carb. It made 380 hp at around 5500 rpm,and 410 ft lbs at somewhere around 4000 rpm. It was in a '64 C10. Great engine! It was a ton of fun.

I couldn't keep rocker arm studs from breaking,and I wore the valve guides out several times also. Just like everyone has said. I finally got frustrated at this and kicked them to the curb. I traded my current engine builder for another set of heads,and he finally sold the trick flows after having them for several years.
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

Imagine if they would've made a raised runner version , small chamber, much bigger intake valve ,