Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Stan Weiss
Vendor

Re: 4.6250 piston in a stock 350 block

Post by Stan Weiss »

leahymtsps wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:18 pm
GLHS60 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 pm This thread has become confusing...

Did the OPer state a 350 SBC or just a 350??

Could it be in a single cylinder 350 cc Engine with a 4.625' bore??

What would be the stroke??

"20.8 in would get you close"

Tom
20.83313"
349.9998 ci

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

So there is more than one way to skin a cat! I just don't recommend eating it. :D
I am not sure the oil pan would fit most cars.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

If I used the Dart block that bores out to 4.25", how much farther can it be bored by offsetting the bores for bigger holes?

pdq67
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

GARY C wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:26 am
blykins wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:59 pm I only know what I personally see here on the forum.

As I mentioned before, I don't see how Speed Talk is any one man's advertising venue. There are tons of other guys who are as knowledgeable or more so, who pop on here to help non-professionals and don't advertise services or parts for sale out in the open.
Same here, if an engine builder post an engine build with dyno results he has just advertised even though you don't see it that way. If he doesn't post that then people like me have no way of knowing what is possible or knowing who is out their producing good results for me to choose who I would go to for info or a build!

Oddly enough the EMC thread doesn't get bashed even though it is 100% advertising and promotes 80% of professional engine builder getting some of the best advertising available.

The fact is whether you want to admit it are not this issue only comes up when David Vizard's name is in the thread and it has been that way years before he joined this forum (do a search) except back then everyone bashed anyone that stood up for him and dogged him for not coming on here and speaking for him self, now that he is hear the bitch is that he's advertising.

If he quits posting the bitch will be that he bailed out and couldn't take it!

The fact is it's not your forum and it's not mine and if Don has an issue with Davids post that is his prerogative to address David on that. They do know each other so he will if he chooses to but the 4th grade comments and complaining and guys attacking peoples threads to demean them make me and other have no desire to post anything HERE!

And sadly the RUDE remarks only seem to come from the guy that or supposedly the top of the food chain, all us pee on's that are here to learn are Here to learn.

To me it is actually sad when the guys that are suppose to be intelligent can't counter anything with data so they resort to childish comments and rolly eyes and laughy faces, I wouldn't even consider that acceptable from my children!

But it does expose who they are and diminishes anything factual they may present and thats bad for the forum and them!
I think you are very presumptuous about what other people may say here; especially with no actual names being mentioned.
David Visard is not the only person on this forum who has ever written a book.

Now ... let's get back to figuring out how to install that size piston in a 350... :-k
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:40 pm
blykins wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:59 pm I only know what I personally see here on the forum.

As I mentioned before, I don't see how Speed Talk is any one man's advertising venue. There are tons of other guys who are as knowledgeable or more so, who pop on here to help non-professionals and don't advertise services or parts for sale out in the open.
Same here, if an engine builder post an engine build with dyno results he has just advertised even though you don't see it that way. If he doesn't post that then people like me have no way of knowing what is possible or knowing who is out their producing good results for me to choose who I would go to for info or a build!

Oddly enough the EMC thread doesn't get bashed even though it is 100% advertising and promotes 80% of professional engine builder getting some of the best advertising available.

The fact is whether you want to admit it are not this issue only comes up when David Vizard's name is in the thread and it has been that way years before he joined this forum (do a search) except back then everyone bashed anyone that stood up for him and dogged him for not coming on here and speaking for him self, now that he is hear the bitch is that he's advertising.

The fact is it's not your forum and it's not mine and if Don has an issue with Davids post that is his prerogative to address David on that. They do know each other so he will if he chooses to but the 4th grade comments and complaining and guys attacking peoples threads to demean them make me and other have no desire to post anything HERE!

And sadly the RUDE remarks only seem to come from the guy that or supposedly the top of the food chain, all us pee on's that are here to learn are Here to learn.

To me it is actually sad when the guys that are suppose to be intelligent can't counter anything with data so they resort to childish comments and rolly eyes and laughy faces, I wouldn't even consider that acceptable from my children!

But it does expose who they are and diminishes anything factual they may present and thats bad for the forum and them!
I think you are very presumptuous about what other people may say here; especially with no actual names being mentioned.

Now ... let's get back to figuring out how to install that size piston in a 350... :-k
Do I need to mention names? I don't have a problem with it.
What does DV writing books have to do with it?
He is accused of advertising because he writes books, so are you saying the other's are guilty also?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

GARY C wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:46 pm

He is accused of advertising because he writes books, so are you saying the other's are guilty also?
I am saying to "let it go" ... you are the only one who seems to have his pants on fire about any of this. ](*,)

Only, 14 more pages to go.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:53 pm

I am saying to "let it go" ... you are the only one who seems to have his pants on fire about any of this. ](*,)

Really!? You are the one that brought it up about a post from 20 days ago!
From the 5th page I might add...
Please Note!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

GARY C wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:56 pm

I don't really care about this; I simply want all these forum posts to remain on topic and never even looked at any dates where you just had to wander off topic to bring-up this same stuff.
You DO have enough of a problem about this advertising crap to become an absolute troll about it.
Let it go and get over yourself.
Me and no one else here wants to even listen to whatever opinion you have ... if you don't have any concrete technical facts to add to whatever thread ... I and others just don't want to hear it.

I will no longer feed this troll.
Last edited by Walter R. Malik on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:00 am

I don't really care about this; I simply want all these forum posts to remain on topic and never looked at any dates where you just had to wander to bring-up this same thing.
You DO have some kind of problem about this advertising crap. Get over it.
Apparently you do, or you wouldn't still be quoting me, you can always start your own forum, then you will have the right to tell people what to do.
Don't blame me for what you just did!
I don't have a problem, you do, and it's called being very presumptuous about me!
Try actually reading the post before attacking me!
But if you wish I can do this 24/7!
Please Note!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

GARY C wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:14 am

I don't really care about this; I simply want all these forum posts to remain on topic and never looked at any dates where you just had to wander to bring-up this same thing.
Apparently you do, or you wouldn't still be quoting me, you can always start your own forum, then you will have the right to tell people what to do.
I don't have a problem, you do, and it's called being very presumptuous about me!
Trolls usually can ... and often do.

YES ... I have an issue about internet trolls.
Last edited by Walter R. Malik on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:17 am
GARY C wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:14 am

Trolls usually can ... and often do.
Then stop trolling me!
You wanted to restart a mouth old dead thread, so learn to take what you dish out!
Please Note!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

pdq67 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:48 am If I used the Dart block that bores out to 4.25", how much farther can it be bored by offsetting the bores for bigger holes?

pdq67

Month old ...?
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Walter I just PM'ed you my cell phone # you got something to say then feel free to call!
Please Note!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

GARY C wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:34 am Walter I just PM'ed you my cell phone # you got something to say then feel free to call!
What I had to say was already said and I would hope everyone here reads it.
They all can make-up their own minds.
The Radius Kid
Expert
Expert

Post by The Radius Kid »

Are you gentlemen still verbally jousting over this BS thread?
It should be on the sh*t pile.
The Nazis didn't lose WWII,they just changed uniforms.Now they run the place.