holley gaskets for methanol

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

danta

holley gaskets for methanol

Post by danta »

What type of gaskets (fuel bowl ,metering plates )are compatible with methanol or ethanol fuels .I have issues with my gaskets (regular non-sticking blues) .they are swelling and disforming with the gaz i use it's 90% gaz /10% ethanol .Carb is 4150 holley 1000 .
Thank you
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Re: holley gaskets for methanol

Post by cgarb »

I have had good luck with the plain brown Holley gaskets. No swelling and slimy blue stuff. We use a hole punch and enlarge the holes where the booster pulls through the gasket. the gasoline gaskets have a much smaller hole than is required for flow.
danta

Post by danta »

thank you for infos, i will try those .
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

Braswell has graphite coated gaskets that I believe are the best out there.

Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
DaveMcLain
Guru
Guru

Post by DaveMcLain »

danta wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:58 pm What type of gaskets (fuel bowl ,metering plates )are compatible with methanol or ethanol fuels .I have issues with my gaskets (regular non-sticking blues) .they are swelling and disforming with the gaz i use it's 90% gaz /10% ethanol .Carb is 4150 holley 1000 .
Thank you
The ones you really DONT want to use with pump gas that contains ethanol are the red colored non stick ones. I've had good luck with the green or the stock black ones.
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

Mark, are the braswell gaskets thicker than a standard gasket? I got some red orange colored gaskets from quick fuel that had similar print on them and they were a touch thicker. They did seem to work really well also, but I haven't used them with methanol only gas. Most of my carbs have come back from Ruepert with plain brown gaskets, I haven't had any issues so that's why I recommended them.
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

Interface Solutions makes several different gasket materials. BLP and Quick Fuel used a different one that is a good gasket, one coated the other not. Reinz has some decent material they both used later, BLP is still using. But so far I've found nothing better than the Braswell.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

Will take that advice next time I order gaskets. Thanks.