dart shp pro in a 700hp sprintcar

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

sprint40
dart shp pro in a 700hp sprintcar

Post by sprint40 »

Looking for someone with a shp pro in a sprintcar that could share some feedback. Looking to build a 360sbc ascs heads.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: dart shp pro in a 700hp sprintcar

Post by ProPower engines »

Done several what are you wanting to know about??
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
sprint40

Post by sprint40 »

My biggest concern was cap walk and bore wear. Also run a dry sump so is oiling from the rear the only option. I would like lighten it up a little also {oil filter boss, fuel pump boss ect}
houser45
Pro
Pro

Post by houser45 »

I just got done building one out of the SHP 4.125 bore size. Not really impressed, I think the main caps will be ok, The material is not even close to what a Little M is made out of. The valley stand offs suck, In the way for a valley plate. had to make 4 separate ones. Rear oil feed sucks. Frost plug in the side of the block where the blank fitting area can be tapped on a little M. I just think with the price of all the internals on an ASCS engine why save 700 -800 dollars on an inferior block? I would choose a Bowtie sportsman or World Products Sportsman block. Then you have front oil feed and way better Cast Iron. One of the CNC lightening companies mentioned to me that the SHP is usable but really not ready for 700hp. My biggest issue with it is if you drilled the main webs for piston cooling nozzles you would be taking a big risk. And I like doing this to all 360's
Orr89rocz
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Orr89rocz »

700 hp at what rpm?

My base shp block took a couple years over 1000 hp turbo hp 7000 rpm, as high as 1400 hp for near a dozen passes. Granted this is drag race but still testimate to the block strength. Iron caps were walking at this level however.

Shp pro should have billet caps right? 700 hp should be easily held
BILL-C
Expert
Expert

Post by BILL-C »

Ever think about a BRODIX iron block? They are made out of the premium grade of cast iron like the Dart iron eagles are.
Carlquist Competition Engines