CP-CARRILLO acquires Arias Pistons

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

engineguyBill
Guru
Guru

CP-CARRILLO acquires Arias Pistons

Post by engineguyBill »

It was announced on Friday, at the SEMA Show, that CP-CARRILLO has acquired the Arias Pistons brand, including name and manufacturing equipment. Arias Piston manufacturing will be moved to CP-CARRILLO headquarters in Irvine, CA. Kind of a homecoming of sorts, as each of the three Calvert brothers have worked for Nick Arias, Jr. in the past.
Bill

Perfect Circle Doctor of Motors certification
SAE Member (30 years)
ASE Master Certified Engine Machinist (+ two otherASE Master Certifications)
AERA Certified Professional Engine Machinist
statsystems
Guru
Guru
Re: CP-CARRILLO acquires Arias Pistons

Post by statsystems »

Is this a good thing EGB? Seems to me another company just went down the tube. Why would CP chose to keep the name. What did Arias have that CP didn't already have?

It may be a great deal. I just don't know.
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

statsystems wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:02 pm Is this a good thing EGB? Seems to me another company just went down the tube. Why would CP chose to keep the name. What did Arias have that CP didn't already have?

I think you can look at this in a couple ways. Arias is family owned - maybe the interest just isn't there? How was their debt load? Etc.

I think what CP gets is some market share in the import world. I'm glad to see it was CP and not another buyout by a big hedge fund type group, just hope no one loses their jobs over this, but I'm sure there will be some.
-Bob
DCal
Expert
Expert

Post by DCal »

statsystems wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:02 pm Is this a good thing EGB? Seems to me another company just went down the tube. Why would CP chose to keep the name. What did Arias have that CP didn't already have?

Arias is not going down the tube, it is gaining machine capabilities and inspection processes not previously available to them and CP is gaining several machines and employees to help with our delivery times. CP is not laying anybody off-the remaining Arias employees can stay or leave as they wish. Arias has a good share of the Sports Compact/Small bore market. That market represents 1/4 to 1/3 of CP's business already so both companies will share that.
As mentioned above my brothers and myself started at Arias in the '70s and we would like to try to keep the Arias legacy alive by keeping the Arias logos and their forgings, boxes etc.
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

DCal wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Arias is not going down the tube, it is gaining machine capabilities and inspection processes not previously available to them and CP is gaining several machines and employees to help with our delivery times. CP is not laying anybody off-the remaining Arias employees can stay or leave as they wish. Arias has a good share of the Sports Compact/Small bore market. That market represents 1/4 to 1/3 of CP's business already so both companies will share that.
As mentioned above my brothers and myself started at Arias in the '70s and we would like to try to keep the Arias legacy alive by keeping the Arias logos and their forgings, boxes etc.
Good stuff, Dave. I knew you would chime in shortly.
-Bob
statsystems
Guru
Guru

Post by statsystems »

Then it's good news. I didn't know about the import crap. I'm just not into it. I'm just glad, as was said above it wasn't bought out by some big hedge fund or something just to kill it.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

DCal wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Making the best Hemi pistons has and will be the best.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

Good to hear Arias will survive... damn tuff piston for my old 351-c's when I ran 'em...
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019