Profiler 12* sbc hmmm.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

statsystems
Guru
Guru
Re: Profiler 12* sbc hmmm.

Post by statsystems »

GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:47 pm Chevy got tired of losing to Ford in NASCAR so they copied their heads and the rest is history...except it's modern #-o
That should spur a cpl more pages of argument. :D

You shit stirrer you!!!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

statsystems wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:51 pm
GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:47 pm Chevy got tired of losing to Ford in NASCAR so they copied their heads and the rest is history...except it's modern #-o

You shit stirrer you!!!
Dang! you caught me... Shhh don't tell anyone.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

LOL...no what Chevrolet did was make it so cheap to race it flooded the market with Chevrolet's. So you have 38 bowties in a 42 car field with 1 Ford, a Mopar and 2 Toyotas...lol. Simple odds is in their favor HP or not. I am a Ford fan at heart, but race a Chevrolet powered Buick...go figure. There's some more free gas for the fire.
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

Lol, chevy copied ford heads but when ford copied chev heads didnt they get banned or out ruled?!
Craig.
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

cjperformance wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:24 pm IMG_20171106_0272.jpg

IMG_20171106_48374.jpg

Ir ya can do the reverse !
Fordrolet :D
See ! Chevy head for ford !!

Edit,, the pics worked on page 1
Craig.
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

Not really, just consider the source and move along! :wink:
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

cjperformance wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:22 pm
Lol, chevy copied ford heads but when ford copied chev heads didnt they get banned or out ruled?!
I don't know, I remember talk on the NASCAR shows about how the new Chevy head resembled the Ford and bla bla but they were just comen-tatters so who knows what really happens behind the scenes.

For the record I life long Chevy man but I have to say the Ford layout seems to be better.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

I seem to remember reading that the CFE SBX has been around and developed since 1991...

So what I'm saying is picking on the ProFiler doesn't make much sense to me when there were plenty ahead of it.

ProFiler just brought to a market a cylinder head for 1/2 the CFE and that runs with the billet heads in Aussy Pro Stock.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

cspeier wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:06 pm I seem to remember reading that the CFE SBX has been around and developed since 1991...

So what I'm saying is picking on the ProFiler doesn't make much sense to me when there were plenty ahead of it.

ProFiler just brought to a market a cylinder head for 1/2 the CFE and that runs with the billet heads in Aussy Pro Stock.
I wouldn't doubt it, CFE produces some pretty remarkable product.

I for one would not pick on Profiler, I think they have proven to make a good head.

If I am not mistaken I believe there was a set on the winning EMC engine this year.
Please Note!
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:59 pm
I don't know, I remember talk on the NASCAR shows about how the new Chevy head resembled the Ford and bla bla but they were just comen-tatters so who knows what really happens behind the scenes.

For the record I life long Chevy man but I have to say the Ford layout seems to be better.
Actually if you look at the Chevy style ford head i posted a pic of I prefer the intake layout in that. It gives each intake port a nicer angle into the intake plenum with a single 4 barrel whereas the traditional ford layout gives 2 ports on each side a nice angle and 2 ports in each side a bit of a dog leg effect.
Craig.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

cjperformance wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:27 pm
GARY C wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Actually if you look at the Chevy style ford head i posted a pic of I prefer the intake layout in that. It gives each intake port a nicer angle into the intake plenum with a single 4 barrel whereas the traditional ford layout gives 2 ports on each side a nice angle and 2 ports in each side a bit of a dog leg effect.
I should have specified, that layout vs the traditional stock port configuration..It always sounds good in my head, I just fail at times to put it on paper. :)

So Ford has a good runner and bad runner per say like a BBC?
Please Note!
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

Yeah take a cleveland for instance. (Sorry to hijack this thread) The even valve layout has every intake port pointing slightly forward in the LHS and rearward on the RHS. So even though the ports in the head are all the same (unlike the BBC ports for eg ) you end up (single 4 barrel) with the rear 2 runners on the LHS getting a good shot at the plenum and the front 2 runners having to kink rearward where the intake and head faces meet , then if course the opposite effect in the RHS.
Opposing the valve layout from one end of the head to the other allows each intake port to be angled toward the plenum , of course there are a ton more factors to any story but there are advantages to that i.e.i.e.e.i.e.i. layout.
Craig.
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Post by KnightEngines »

Yeah, that's the biggest drawback to running a symmetrical port head with a single carb - they come alive with a ram that can get the runners lined up properly & all the same length, but a single 4 hurts them.
Holden "VN's" have this problem, those end runners can never have a 'proper' manifold runner with a single 4, even stock port layout SBC's have an advantage in that respect.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

cjperformance wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:48 pm Yeah take a cleveland for instance. (Sorry to hijack this thread) The even valve layout has every intake port pointing slightly forward in the LHS and rearward on the RHS. So even though the ports in the head are all the same (unlike the BBC ports for eg ) you end up (single 4 barrel) with the rear 2 runners on the LHS getting a good shot at the plenum and the front 2 runners having to kink rearward where the intake and head faces meet , then if course the opposite effect in the RHS.
Opposing the valve layout from one end of the head to the other allows each intake port to be angled toward the plenum , of course there are a ton more factors to any story but there are advantages to that i.e.i.e.e.i.e.i. layout.
Cool, thanks for the explanation.
Please Note!
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

KnightEngines wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:54 pm Yeah, that's the biggest drawback to running a symmetrical port head with a single carb - they come alive with a ram that can get the runners lined up properly & all the same length, but a single 4 hurts them.
Holden "VN's" have this problem, those end runners can never have a 'proper' manifold runner with a single 4, even stock port layout SBC's have an advantage in that respect.
Ah yes i dont look at VN & Red much but im just looking at VN's and some Red308's now, yes VN of course same issue as Clevo / BBF and Red308's similar issue intake port to BBC.
Just another good excuse to run a t-ram or I.R. :D
Craig.