Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Re: PRI...who's going?

Post by prairiehotrodder »

Is it a family friendly show? Is the general public welcome or is it just for those in the industry?
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

prairiehotrodder wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:55 pm Is it a family friendly show? Is the general public welcome or is it just for those in the industry?
Here's the rules, unfortunately for us exhibitors, they're not enforced.

Can anybody attend?
It's trade only, so you must prove you own, manage or represent a racing business or professional race team. Race fans are not admitted.

What is the minimum age requirement?
Children under 16 will not be permitted to enter the Show. Child care is not provided.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

I'm going. This is my first year.
The Radius Kid
Expert
Expert

Post by The Radius Kid »

PackardV8 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:19 am Only slightly off-topic, but has anyone had any experience changing/swapping PRI registrations after the paperwork was done? Reason I ask is at a machinery show, a friend asked me to fill in for his partner who had a family emergency. The show organizers were absolute pricks about a simple change of one name for another.
Don't worry about it.Use someone else's pass.They never check..........as long as it"s visible.My buddy used a borrowed one.
The Nazis didn't lose WWII,they just changed uniforms.Now they run the place.
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Yes, I knew any pass would get you around the floor, but standing in a booth, it's nice to have those who walk up be able to call you by name.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
enginebuilder44

Post by enginebuilder44 »

i agree with j-c-c and camking to many tirekickers and decal collectors there
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Krooser wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:52 pm PRI... who's going? I'll be there Friday and Saturday. First show for me since '99.
I is - or is it 'I are'????

DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

WeingartnerRacing wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:10 pm I will be there Thursday thru Saturday.
Eric, If you see me there and feel so inclined stop me and say hi - i would like to meet with you.

DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

cstraub wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:55 am We will occupy booth 107 right behind ProCharger. Stop by and say hello.
Chris, you are a must for me to see. You have my cell number just remind me I need to come by during the show.
thanks
DV
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

David Vizard wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:28 pm
WeingartnerRacing wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:10 pm I will be there Thursday thru Saturday.
Eric, If you see me there and feel so inclined stop me and say hi - i would like to meet with you.

DV
I look forward to it. I will be everywhere but I plan to spend a good amount of time in the machining area.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

WeingartnerRacing wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:25 pm

DV
I look forward to it. I will be everywhere but I plan to spend a good amount of time in the machining area.
Eric,
Will the # you show on your posts get you at the show???
DV
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

David Vizard wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:32 pm
WeingartnerRacing wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:25 pm

DV
Eric,
Will the # you show on your posts get you at the show???
DV
Yep.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
engineguyBill
Guru
Guru

Post by engineguyBill »

piston guy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:48 am I'll be there all three days . Booth 7168 on the corner by the snack bar and rest rooms. Please stop by and say hi. I really enjoy putting names with faces.
Perfect location! Everyone makes the trip to the restroom AND the snack bar at least once a day . . . . .
Bill

Perfect Circle Doctor of Motors certification
SAE Member (30 years)
ASE Master Certified Engine Machinist (+ two otherASE Master Certifications)
AERA Certified Professional Engine Machinist
engineguyBill
Guru
Guru

Post by engineguyBill »

David Vizard wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 pm
Krooser wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:52 pm PRI... who's going? I'll be there Friday and Saturday. First show for me since '99.
I is - or is it 'I are'????

DV
Which actually means "you be" . . . . . .
Bill

SAE Member (30 years)
engineguyBill
Guru
Guru

Post by engineguyBill »

prairiehotrodder wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:55 pm Is it a family friendly show? Is the general public welcome or is it just for those in the industry?
Industry only. You have to look at it from the perspective of the businesses who display at trade shows: They spend an enormous amount of money to rent booth space, plus the expense of getting some of their personnel to the show, then the expense of housing and feeding all those folks. They are there primarily to sell product to and meet with their volume customers.
If you are there looking for a supplier of header gaskets for your race car, or decals and catalogs - you are wasting time and valuable space. Uggggg catalogs, a huge but necessary expense to the business. I often wonder how many of these people who are dragging catalogs all over the show get to their hotel room and decide that they cannot take all this weight home on the plane and leave said catalogs in the trash can . . . . . . :(
Bill

SAE Member (30 years)